$100 dollar cruise credit - can't be used during WOW sale?

I entered a contest on a tour of the Mariner of the Seas last year for a free cruise. I had to pay $100 towards a cruise credit that would never expire and I would be entered in the draw. Last May during a wow sale a purchase a cruise on FOS, and was told I can't use it because of the sale. To me it seems like they have my $100, why don't they just let me use it? Has anyone else had an experience like this? It has been bugging me since May that maybe I should push harder, but if it was clear in something I signed well I guess I would understand that too.

I entered a contest on a tour of the Mariner of the Seas last year for a free cruise. I had to pay $100 towards a cruise credit that would never expire and I would be entered in the draw. Last May during a wow sale a purchase a cruise on FOS, and was told I can't use it because of the sale. To me it seems like they have my $100, why don't they just let me use it? Has anyone else had an experience like this? It has been bugging me since May that maybe I should push harder, but if it was clear in something I signed well I guess I would understand that too.

Interesting problem. Unfortunately I have no ideas, but will check in to see what kind of answers people share. IMO since the Mariner is gone from the West Coast(last day January 9th), RC could use this as good PR. Hint hint.....

enjoy

debbie

It's the same as any future cruise credit. You have to choose between that and a WOW sale. They explained to me that it's like having your own "wow sale" anytime you want so you don't have to wait for the particular days that they occur. But they cannot be combined.

That's the one thing that stinks about Royal. Carnival and Princess let you combine things; Royal doesn't usually let you.

The real stinker of it is that once you've got your 5 credits and you're platinum, then you always get a discount and so you STILL have to choose between the OBC of the FCC and the platinum discount.

It's a sale they have on Tuesdays (I think sometimes starts on Mon for past guests???). We are happy with the price we got but I still I am still wondering about the future cruise credit. Are the FCCs you are comparing this too usually money that came out of the cruiser's pocket to being with, with no real perk other that the draw?

With that certificate, you get an onboard credit (OBC) on the cruise that you book. It's a benefit from Royal Caribbean.

This benefit is combinable ONLY with either A. platinum/diamond balcony discount or B. C & A coupon.

This is what is sometimes referred to as combinability, or non-combinability.

You also cannot combine any benefit with the stockholder's OBC.

It's just the way it is.

The WOW sale brings certain benefits: OBC and lower deposit.

That is not combinable with other benefits.

It's just the way it is.

:)

It's a sale they have on Tuesdays (I think sometimes starts on Mon for past guests???). We are happy with the price we got but I still I am still wondering about the future cruise credit. Are the FCCs you are comparing this too usually money that came out of the cruiser's pocket to being with, with no real perk other that the draw?

I knew about the Tuesday sale. What does WOW mean?

sushigirl, you are right. farmersescape is describing the Tuesday Sales Event.

A WOW sale is something that RC has roughly twice a year. It offers lower deposits and OBC during a sale that lasts a couple of days.

you could have used your future cruise credit instead of the Wow sale. That future cruise has an actual booking number.

Definitely not both for the same cruise

Well I definitely learned something here. All I got with the WOW sale was the reduced deposit, which, to me, anyway, was not worth not being able to use the FCC. At least if I sail with RCL again, I will know!

When is the cruise that you booked on the WOW sale? Did you book it last October or last spring?

It's the same as any future cruise credit. You have to choose between that and a WOW sale. They explained to me that it's like having your own "wow sale" anytime you want so you don't have to wait for the particular days that they occur. But they cannot be combined.

That's the one thing that stinks about Royal. Carnival and Princess let you combine things; Royal doesn't usually let you.

The real stinker of it is that once you've got your 5 credits and you're platinum, then you always get a discount and so you STILL have to choose between the OBC of the FCC and the platinum discount.

you CAN combine the fcc and the platinum or diamond balcony discounts now - they changed this in may.

I was last spring for March 6...counting down the sleeps now!!!

You definitely should receive OBC on that March 6 cruise.

If it is one of MANY 6 or 7 night cruises departing on that date, you should get $100 OBC.

If it's the 18 night Rhapsody, then you should get $200.

Up until a year or 2 ago, they use to let you combine next cruise, C&A coupon as well as the stock holder credit.

I keep hoping they will end up allowing the stock holder credit to be combinable again but they have not. The other not being combined is understandable but the stock holder credit not being allowed is like they are punishing us for having stock. If I hadn't made so much on it, I'd sell it but it keeps going up so I'm gonna just take what OBC I can with it for now.

I am waiting to hear from my TA about the OBC....it is Freedom OTS. I hope I have missed something, I feel like I got my money back :)

Then you should definitely have a lovely $100 credit on your SeaPass account for you to spend on the Freedom! :)

Archived