2012 Round Trip Seattle w/ Tracy Arm Excursion

pizzalady1

I want to do a round trip Seattle cruise in 2012 and I am looking for a cruise that offers a Tracy Arm excursion which leaves from and returns to the ship. I know that the NCL Jewel and the Carnival Spirit both have this excursion.

Does anyone know of any other cruise lines that offer this excursion?

Is Allan Marine the contractor for both NCL and Carnival?

Is this excursion iffy in late May? How about early June?

Thanks in advance for this information.

I want to do a round trip Seattle cruise in 2012 and I am looking for a cruise that offers a Tracy Arm excursion which leaves from and returns to the ship. I know that the NCL Jewel and the Carnival Spirit both have this excursion.

Most all the cruiseline have the add on Tracy Arm tour, including Carnival, HAL, Princess, Ncl. I don't know about RCI??

Allen Marine IS the contractor.

Yes this excursion is "iffy" in May and into June. There can be day of sailing alternative Endicott Arm instead of Tracy Arm.

Allan Marine said that the 2011 excursions are as follows:

Monday, HAL Zuiderdam

Tuesday, NCL Star

Wednesday, Sapphire Princess

Thursday, Carnival Spirit

Friday, HAL Zaandam

Saturday, RCI Seven Seas Navigator

The 2012 contracts will be signed in August. A press release has been issued by NCL that the Jewel is replacing the Star for the Seattle round trip in 2012.

From mid-June on, the trip to the end of Tracy Arm is pretty reliable, but before that is iffy.

Allan Marine said that the 2011 excursions are as follows:

Monday, HAL Zuiderdam

Tuesday, NCL Star

Wednesday, Sapphire Princess

Thursday, Carnival Spirit

Friday, HAL Zaandam

Saturday, RCI Seven Seas Navigator

The 2012 contracts will be signed in August. A press release has been issued by NCL that the Jewel is replacing the Star for the Seattle round trip in 2012.

From mid-June on, the trip to the end of Tracy Arm is pretty reliable, but before that is iffy.

Thanks for the post. I wasn't aware that RCI's Navigator will be in Alaska - wonder what their itinerary will be?

Thanks for the post. I wasn't aware that RCI's Navigator will be in Alaska - wonder what their itinerary will be?

It is Regent Seven Seas, not RCI - Royal Caribbean. This poster, doesn't have the right cruiseline. http://www.rssc.com/cruises/default.aspx?RegionId=ALSKA

I just got my confirmation from carnival for this excurison on May 12th. Am wondering if it's still worth the price if I can't get into Tracy Arm?? Even on the small boat you sometimes still can't get in there?

Yes, chances are, you will not make Tracy Arm, twin Sawyer Glacier access. If you do transit Tracy Arm, it is still excellent, BUT, the problem is, the last minute detour decision, by the cpt. to go to Endicott Arm. There isn't as much "benefit" on a small boat in that Arm, it is short and wide.

Check carefully, in principle all tours depart and return to the ship, but most either leave from Juneau or take you back there. There are none that pick you up in Tracy ARm and then catch you back to the ship before it leaves the Fjords. Simply not possible given the time they spend taking you in.

Archived