What are you looking forward to the most on your cruise?

Summertime

What is the thing you are most looking forward to on your upcoming cruise? And, what's your worst fear? We'll be on the Diamond Princess to the Mexican Riviera March 26th and I'm hoping that my girls will have a good time in the kids club so that I can get a couple hours each day to relax. That's what I'm looking forward to the most - the idea of sitting out on our balcony, the peace and quiet, listening to the ocean, feeling the warm sun, closing my eyes and being able to breathe deeply - I just can't wait. I haven't told my girls we are going yet - I want to wait about a week before to surprise them but I think what they will look forward to the most is the horseback riding we plan to do with Randi in Mazatlan. My worst fear is being seasick! I get travel sickness something awful and am worried that I will spend the week being nauseated. I use the patch when I fly but it makes me feel weird and dialates my eyes so I can't read very well and I'm always happy when the drug is out of my system. I don't want to feel strange for the whole week so I'm going to try out some other drugs before we go. Even with that fear - I can't wait to go on our first cruise!

Summer

Looking forward to just getting away to a warm climate while visiting interesting places and learning new things.

Greatest fear? Baggage delay and/or loss at the start of the trip, or even worse - having to cancel the trip due to an unexpected noreaster.

~Paul

My DH and I on our balcony ;) Worse fear - the time will go too fast!

100% DITTO!!! 2nd worse fear - That my DH and I won't be able to book/plan/dream about our next cruise. We share these boards together almost daily and that helps create the anticipation. Of course, we already have that next cruise planned and are looking into next year's. Do you think my daughter would mind paper plates and hot dogs and beans at her wedding?

Getting away from this cold snowy weather. Suppose to get a foot by tuesday night. We leave friday for LA and then Island Princess saturday'

My worst fear. Putting on an extra 2 pounds a day with all the food. That would be a 15 days and an extra 30lbs. :eek:

:D

Looking forward to: being on a cruise, any cruise, doesn't really matter where

I totally agree. Look forward to a "A" cruise, it could even be to nowhere.

Don't look forward to coming home. Always want to stay for the next week...and the next week....and the next...etc.

Curling up with a good book in a quiet lounge or on the promenade deck and forgetting that there is a world out there beyond the ship. I love sea days! We are going to Hawaii in 2 1/2 weeks on the Island and my husband is worried he'll be bored with all the sea days, I can't wait! Cruising is the ultimate escape, I wish I could do it more than once a year, some day.....

I enjoy almost all of the cruising experience, however:

There are few thrills like the thrill of the ship's whistle (horn) giving three blasts when backing into the channel from Pier 35, San Francisco, and then starting the slow approach to the Golden Gate Bridge, where the Captain may give yet another long blast on the whistle (horn) in salute to the pedestrians on the bridge waving Bon Voyage! Beautiful!!

That deep throated whistle (horn) makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and often makes my eyes tear up.

Putting my foot on the gangplank as soon as reasonably possible, getting pic taken, heading for cabin to check in out and drop carryons. Finding all the places we want to hang out during the week and meeting CC friends for a drink. Back to room to unpack and enjoy our first glass of wine on our balcony.Get ready for muster and sailaway. :)

Only 32 days to wheels up :)

Worst experience - One week later when we have to leave the ship. :(

Everything in between - PRICELESS :D

Best... Has to be the midnight strolls on deck in the moon light with my husband. Seems as if we are the only ones in the world that late at night.

Worst... filling out the imigration forms, thats when it hits home that the cruise is coming to an end.

Next best thing... Shopping for that next cruise while onboard.;)

I'm going for the longer cruises, figure why not put 2 cruises a year together and do one big one as I always hate getting off so bad, 7 days just doesn't do it anymore.

I'm doing my first B2B this fall, Sea Princess 7 day Iberia, then 14 day Transatlantic and the best part will be putting my foot on that gangway knowing I'm onboard for 21!

It will be so cool at the end of a 7 day cruise knowing I have 14 more days and all new places to visit. Six months to go and I'm really getting excited!

Archived