platinium question?

joybaby

My hus. and I are platinium. My dau. and son in law who are traveling with us are not. (C. Fascination - 5 night cruise -Feb.)

Can they embark on our VIP status? Also priority debarking at ports?

Any other info. that you have that might be helpful.

TIA, Joyce

My hus. and I are platinium. My dau. and son in law who are traveling with us are not. (C. Fascination - 5 night cruise -Feb.)

Can they embark on our VIP status? Also priority debarking at ports?

Any other info. that you have that might be helpful.

TIA, Joyce

Are they also in your cabin? If so, yes.

I saw a post elsewhere where they were even all on the OPs credit card and they said no, on the ship.

I THINK the rule is they also have to be minors to get this .. but Im sure it could vary from ship to ship.

As far as I can tell from various posts, there is not a hard and fast rule about this. Some ask nicely and say they are allowed... some get told no and come to ask .. is this right? and are upset. Id say dont count on it, but doesnt hurt to ask nicely.

Of course Im assuming they are in a different cabin. .. if you all were in the same cabin, everyone's boarding docs would say VIP.

........... there is not a hard and fast rule about this. ...................

Firefly,

There is and this is it, per Carnival FAQ (Granted enforcement will NOT be consistent);

VIP Check-In Program

Carnival’s VIP Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests, Carnival Vacation Club members and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges. Cruise tickets for Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe accommodations will read, "Please proceed to VIP Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “VIP Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer VIP Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Priority Debarkation

In addition, Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, the guest will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to debark the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests.

We had this same question when we booked our last cruise. We had two platinum and two that were not. If you have everyone on the same sail and sign account you can all go to the VIP room. What we did was put one of the non-platinum with one of the platinum guests and then when we got on board we switched the room keys with the purser's desk. It was easy to do. And we did have everyone on the same account - you can still see what charges were made by each card (folio #).

You could proabably even start with everyone on the same account and then split it after you board.

As far as tendering and disembarking, it is my experience that if you say you are VIP that one or two may be checked, but they don't check everyone in the group. Additionally, tags and cards are not checked closely when you disembark, so it isn't difficult for the entire group to leave together.

Sherryl

We recently went on our platinum cruise with my in-laws. They are not platinum but because we as platinum guests were on their s&s account we all were able to use the VIP check-in. It will not apply to anything else though.

It's too late for joybaby but for other families in this situation if you book one Platinum cruisers and one non-platinum in each cabin the entire party will qualify for priority embarkation and debarkation. Once onboard all four can visit the information desk and have the cabins switched in just a few minutes using the Platinum line.

The perks for non-Platinum guests who do not qualify for VIP embarkation/debarkation but have their reservations LINKED through their PVP, would be the dining room and steakhouse seating and reservations priority. This is only if they are sharing a table with the Platinum guests and are linked.

Archived