Military discount

finoky

Is the military discount still valid for veterans or is it for active duty only? A friend of ours is wanting to join us on the Liberty in May and served 4 years in the Air Force. He has his DD214.

Is the military discount still valid for veterans or is it for active duty only? A friend of ours is wanting to join us on the Liberty in May and served 4 years in the Air Force. He has his DD214.

DD214 is all he needs.

Military disc is not usually the cheapest fare .

It still goes. I got mine on the legend in september. You have to copy it and fax or mail it to them. No problem.

As far as it's not always the cheapest price....that varies anyways......It changes so often....

Good Luck...

I served in the USAF prior to college and am no longer active duty and easily booked with the Military Rate for our last cruise. All I had to do was fax my DD214 to our PVP and he handled the rest. The good thing is Carnival will only request this info ONCE. They will make a record of it so all future cruise bookings will be pre-authorized for the Military Discount.

Good Luck, Cari :)

I had already booked a cruise for 30 Jan, In December I heard of the military discount and forwarded DD 214...Quickly was advised of a

$100 dollar discount off fare (may be a shipboard credit, as I recall)

and this was on top of a 100 dollar price drop credit.Very nice program.

.. and not ever cruise has a military rate.

Yes, very good point. Also, the Military Rate will not alway be your best bet. We just booked using the Past Guest Rate and even though it was $10 higher than the ES for our sailing, it gave us more flexabiltiy to be able to cancel before FP without the penalty. But it was nice to have the Military Paperwork already on file so it would be a quick option if that were the best deal.

I served in the USAF prior to college and am no longer active duty and easily booked with the Military Rate for our last cruise. All I had to do was fax my DD214 to our PVP and he handled the rest. The good thing is Carnival will only request this info ONCE. They will make a record of it so all future cruise bookings will be pre-authorized for the Military Discount.

Good Luck, Cari :)

Really? We've sent DH's DD214 in 3 times now...maybe because we don't use one specific PVP?

Really? We've sent DH's DD214 in 3 times now...maybe because we don't use one specific PVP?

Yes, We have used the same PVP. He really seems to be on top-of-things. I feel very lucky. When I originally scanned and E-mailed over a copy of my DD-214 it went to Carnival's Guest Administrations Dept. I received an E-mail within a day or so that stated my DD214 was reviewed and approved for eligibility. I printed out this E-mail to always save with my records, so I assume it may be linked in some sort of way to your Guest # ??? I don't really know how they save it but do know that it was just a one time deal for me. The cover sheet on the fax from Carnival, stated it originated in the Interline Consumer Research and Guest Administration Dept. So the documentation must have to go there first for approval. I'm not sure if that dept. or the PVP notates it to a permanent file. You may want to call them and inquire.

Good luck to you.

I received a $200 discount for my October cruise. I have to fax a copy to 305-406-6478 Attn: Interline Department. I was told to also bring a copy when I check in at he pier.

This is something I was never told nor did I bring ours when we sailed last Oct. ????? Wow, that seems like a real pain to have to travel with copies of Military Records.

If my spouse and I both have Military ID cards that we use on any Armed Forces base at the commisary and PX, etc., do we still need to carry any thing with us but the ID cards instead of all the paper work, do any of you have Military ID cards? is this a question for Carnival

Archived