Age of kids on water slides

Peace2U

Hi. We will be cruising on Carnival Glory with our soon to be 8 year old son. How old do kids have to be to go on the water slides? I am kind of over protective and just want to make sure he is safe on it. He's not the best swimmer either so I wasn't sure how deep the water was that he would be sliding into. Thanks!

Are there any height requirements for Carnival's Twister Waterslide?

Carnival waterslides that run into a pool have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment. (Elation; Paradise)

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Carnival Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor; Dream) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about. This will now include the Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fantasy due to Carnival Waterworks.

Use of the waterslide:

Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.

Multiple riders are not permitted.

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.

The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first.

Oh, good to know. Don't drink the water! ;) So it's safe for little ones. For some reason, my feeble mind thinks about my 8 year old going so fast he scoots up and out of the slide and goes through the air and lands in the ocean. I dream up scenarios and then ruminate on them. Of course, reality is so much nicer than what I get nervous about. Thanks for the reassurance!

I just recently went on the same slide on the Miracle and it doesnt go that fast at all. It ends in about 4 inches of water. My 5 year-old loved it!! It sits up in the deck and there are decks below it on all sides so no need to worry about flying off of it. Its very safe and they have an attendant watching both at the top and bottom.

What type of slide does Freedom have? I am trying to determine which height restriction it would have, I do not see it on the posted list. My DS would meet the lower restriction, but not the higher one. I am guessing it is the first one, since it is a Conquest-class ship... Anyone know?

I just recently went on the same slide on the Miracle and it doesnt go that fast at all. It ends in about 4 inches of water. My 5 year-old loved it!! It sits up in the deck and there are decks below it on all sides so no need to worry about flying off of it. Its very safe and they have an attendant watching both at the top and bottom.

Oh good! Well, if a five year old has no problem, then I, I mean my son, shouldn't have any problem. ;) I think he'll love it!

What type of slide does Freedom have? I am trying to determine which height restriction it would have, I do not see it on the posted list. My DS would meet the lower restriction, but not the higher one. I am guessing it is the first one, since it is a Conquest-class ship... Anyone know?

Lower one. It's similar to the picture.

OH and FYI the smaller they are, the slower they go. DD age 8 sometimes had to "push" herself down the slides on the Triumph and Conquest, (similar slides). Where I flew down. Yippie!!

I thought little kids would be scared to go on something like that. Ever since the last cruise, on NCL, after seeing the slide on one of the Carnival ships, he has been bugging us to cruise on a ship with a slide. Guess they have no fear.

We went on Disney last May when she was 4 and she wouldnt go down the slides, she was afraid. This time 6 months later she wanted to. In fact, she's the one who begged me to go down it. I would have figured she was still afraid and too small. She just made the height requirement too. I believe it was 42in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived