Flying into FLL Rum Runners

Mysticfalcon

I fly into FLL for a cruise in april. I was wondering where would be the best spot to go to fill my rum runners. I am planning on just taking a taxi to the port. Is there a good spot where I can pick up some alcohol and fill my rum runners. Will I need to pay a taxi to wait while I go inside or is it an area where I can just grab another one. Unfortunately I fly in the morning of the cruise so I will have to find a way to get things into the rum runners. Anyone have any tips? Normally I would do it in the hotel but as we arent staying in one what is the best way to do it?

I think you'll need to keep the meter running while you shop and pour. :o You might ask the driver if he could drop you at a convenient liquor store and just come back in 20-30 minutes - with the promise of a big tip.;) Good luck! :)

Total Wine is located on Cordova and 17th St....if you look them up online and order online, then they can have your order ready to go....if you taxi in, then the taxi can wait while you stop in to pick up your order. There should be minimal wait time that way.

Otherwise, yes, the taxi will charge you while they wait for you to shop.

Assuming you have luggage you are going to check on the flight, why not fill the rum runners at home and put them in your checked luggage. I assume you will be bringing them onboard that way anyway. That eliminates the hassle and expense of the taxi stop. I've done this a number of times when it's not convenient to do it at the cruise departure city. Just a thought!

Assuming you have luggage you are going to check on the flight, why not fill the rum runners at home and put them in your checked luggage. I assume you will be bringing them onboard that way anyway. That eliminates the hassle and expense of the taxi stop. I've done this a number of times when it's not convenient to do it at the cruise departure city. Just a thought!

I agree with this. But be sure not to over pack the RRs. They do show up at the port in checked luggage if you havea bunch of the larger ones lined up in your bag. Best to use the 16oz or 8 oz and pack them near the wheels of your luggage or stow a smaller one in with your dopp kit. I suggest no more than 2 per checked bag. Wear cargo shorts and you can carry an 8oz or 3oz in your pockets when you board.

If you can't fill preflight, then try to stop at some place like Total Wine before you check into your hotel and pick up what you need, then fill the RRs in your hotel room.

The preflight issue is mostly the suitcase weight thanks the the extra picky airlines.

We mostly just want to be able to bring on some Pinnacle Whipped vodka. Just add some orange soda an it's a Creamesicle. Those are pretty delicious and all that my GF likes to drink. Too bad that paying for mixed drinks are so expensive onboard when those cost almost nothing to actually make.

Archived