Do you recommend Priceline for hotel near Miami Airport?

elena7seas

We need a hotel near Miami Airport for one night on January 29th. Our flight leaves at 6:42 am, so I'm hoping that we won't have any trouble getting from the hotel to the airport that early. In the past, I have had difficulty getting city taxies to take me to the airport for a very early flight.

Has anyone had any experience with Priceline for a hotel near Miami Airport. I have looked at the CC Florida thread, as well as BetterBidding.com and biddingfortravel.com, but I can find very little information for hotels near the airport.

If Priceline isn't a wise move for the Airport area, can anyone recommend a hotel near the airport? My priorities are safe, clean and comfortable. I don't mine spending a little more to get that, but I don't like to waste money either ;).

Thanks everyone.

Try hotwire...type in Miami airport and look for hotels with 3 stars and above...they won't give you the name, but 3 stars and above are good hotels like Hyatt etc...it will tell you how far from your destination, so you can choose the port or airport or South Beach, whatever...good luck!

We need a hotel near Miami Airport for one night on January 29th. Our flight leaves at 6:42 am, so I'm hoping that we won't have any trouble getting from the hotel to the airport that early.

I haven't tried Priceline for Miami in general, so can't comment on that.

I have stayed at the Crown Plaza by the airport, which also offers a free airport shuttle (quite often I think), and it was nice without being expensive (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/miaap).

There are quite a few hotels around Miami Airport, and even though some seem nice, I don't think I would take a chance with Priceline.

Other hotels around the airport that I would try: Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, Sheraton, Hyatt Place, Intercontinental.

We just booked a 4* hotel on Hotwire at the Miami Airport for $86.00.

The actual total was $106.16 after tax recovery charges and fees?

We were booked at the Intercontinental at Doral Miami. This hotel is in close proximity to the airport.

Hope this helps.

Bill

We need a hotel near Miami Airport for one night on January 29th. Our flight leaves at 6:42 am, so I'm hoping that we won't have any trouble getting from the hotel to the airport that early. In the past, I have had difficulty getting city taxies to take me to the airport for a very early flight.

Has anyone had any experience with Priceline for a hotel near Miami Airport. I have looked at the CC Florida thread, as well as BetterBidding.com and biddingfortravel.com, but I can find very little information for hotels near the airport.

If Priceline isn't a wise move for the Airport area, can anyone recommend a hotel near the airport? My priorities are safe, clean and comfortable. I don't mine spending a little more to get that, but I don't like to waste money either ;).

Thanks everyone.

Hi I got the Marriott Miami Airport for $65 plus tax for a

stay in Feb. Priceline is quite good read the boards on better bidding

for an insight.

Thanks everyone.

I use both Hotwire and Priceline. Hotwire gives you a price, but doesn't tell you which hotel. Thus, I would never bid more than the Hotwire quote. Also, check the rates online of some hotels you would be interested in. Don't bid more than those rates either.

I have used Priceline and I have been satisfied with what I ended up with. However, you have to understand the restrictions. You get a hotel in the area and you can't cancel. That said, your experience will depend on the hotel, not on Priceline. It is like buying a toy. No matter which store you go to, you are going to end up with the same toy. How well it works depends on the maker of the toy, not the seller. So, get the best deal you can, but make sure you understand the restrictions. Sometimes Priceline is the best deal. Sometimes Hotwire is the best deal. And sometimes booking directly with the hotel produces the best deal.

Archived