Skagway Helicopter Dog Sledding - Ship or Independent Excursion?

oliverweagle

Hi there - we have booked a helicopter / dog sledding excursion in Skagway with Temsco. I see that the another helicopter/dog sledding excursion is available through the Princess website - but for $40 less per adult and $90 less for a childs. Do you think they are the same excursion? I thought that ships excursions were generally more expensive!

Thanks!

Ollie

Temsco is the only operator I know in Skagway. We booked directly, the only thing that is different is they don't provide transportation from ship to airport. Depending on where you dock that can be a 30' walk. They will drive you back.

Only you can decide if that savings is worth it.

You sure Princess is cheaper, last year they were more expensive, worth the 30' walk or a cab ride. Don't confuse the price this year for what it will be next year. Temsco may already have raised their prices and until you see the real pricing next year may not reflect the most updated pricing.

Hi there - we have booked a helicopter / dog sledding excursion in Skagway with Temsco. I see that the another helicopter/dog sledding excursion is available through the Princess website - but for $40 less per adult and $90 less for a childs. Do you think they are the same excursion? I thought that ships excursions were generally more expensive!

Thanks!

Ollie

Temsco is the only operator I know in Skagway. We booked directly, the only thing that is different is they don't provide transportation from ship to airport. Depending on where you dock that can be a 30' walk. They will drive you back.

Only you can decide if that savings is worth it.

You sure Princess is cheaper, last year they were more expensive, worth the 30' walk or a cab ride. Don't confuse the price this year for what it will be next year. Temsco may already have raised their prices and until you see the real pricing next year may not reflect the most updated pricing.

A 30 foot walk doesn't sound that far

I did check with TEMSCO. Princess is indeed cheaper!

Temsco charges $489 per passenger. Princess charges $449 for Adult tickets and $399 for children.

Temsco offered to match the Princess price for adults and apply the $449 to my party of three (which includes one child). Considering that I had paid Temsco in full back in October - and they only offer a 90% refund in the event of cancellation - it made no sense to cancel and then rebook with Princess. We are still paying $50.00 more than if we had booked with Princess directly - and would not have paid Princess until the cruise - but lesson learned I suppose!

Woof Woof!

I just got off the phone with a great fellow named Eric with Temsco. We wanted to do the Helicopter/Dog Sledding in Juneau. We will be going whale watching from at 7:30 am with Harv/Marv and were trying to schedule. Eric said the best thing for us to do would be to book through Princess because is was only $10 more and the Princess excursion would be right time for us at 12:15. I can't wait!

Archived