Apartment vs. Hotel

White Cloud

We need a place to stay for three adults and three older teens. After doing hours of research on here and other hotel websites, I still cannot decide between an apartment or hotel. I feel we would be too seperated in three different hotel rooms and it is difficult to find rooms that would comfortably hold three people. Some of the apartments look great, but will we miss some of the amenities of staying in an hotel?

We want to be close to Las Ramblas and city transportation. We have traveled alot with the kids, but they have never been to Europe and the much smaller hotel rooms. Any suggestions?

By the way, we are very excited to be visiting Barcelona pre cruise. At first I wanted to start from Rome or Venice, but after researching Barcelona, I am so glad this is our starting point. What a great city!:D

Hi,

City transportation is very good in all neighborhoods.

You really don't need to be by Las Ramblas since that is the most touristy street in the city. Somewhere not too far from Placa Catalunya is good for a first visit.

I think that hotels offer services when you are in a new city that you won't find in an apartment, namely someone to answer questions and offer advice.

There are Aparthotels throughout the city but I don't know much about them.

THIS gets good reviews from families on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d231514-Reviews-Apartments_Restaurant_Hispanos_7_Suiza-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

We need a place to stay for three adults and three older teens. After doing hours of research on here and other hotel websites, I still cannot decide between an apartment or hotel. I feel we would be too seperated in three different hotel rooms and it is difficult to find rooms that would comfortably hold three people. Some of the apartments look great, but will we miss some of the amenities of staying in an hotel?

We want to be close to Las Ramblas and city transportation. We have traveled alot with the kids, but they have never been to Europe and the much smaller hotel rooms. Any suggestions?

By the way, we are very excited to be visiting Barcelona pre cruise. At first I wanted to start from Rome or Venice, but after researching Barcelona, I am so glad this is our starting point. What a great city!:D

We had seven adults in our group and we stayed here:

http://www.hispanos7suiza.com/

We had a kitchen, living room, dining room, huge patio and 3 bedrooms.

Another vote for the Hispanos Siete Suiza. We loved the location near the Sagrada Familia and between two subway stops. It's an apartment hotel, so you get the best of both worlds - daily housekeeping, restaurant and someone at the front desk, but with the amenities of a kitchen and not being split up among hotel rooms. There are markets and takeaways around the corner, so we were able to save time and money over having to eat out for all our meals.

Best,

Mia

We had seven adults in our group and we stayed here:

http://www.hispanos7suiza.com/

We had a kitchen, living room, dining room, huge patio and 3 bedrooms.

Ok, this place looks really nice and reasonably priced! When I tried to check the rooms and rates online, it only allows 5 people per apartment and we have six. Were you able to put 7 people in one apartment? Thanks for your help!

Ok, this place looks really nice and reasonably priced! When I tried to check the rooms and rates online, it only allows 5 people per apartment and we have six. Were you able to put 7 people in one apartment? Thanks for your help!

You may want to call or email and see if they will allow it. The person at the front desk was always helpful and spoke English.

Best,

Mia

Try the Negre Apartments, on Valencia, near the Segrada. I know that they have large apartments. I think they have been renovated. Excellent location. Very helpful staff. If you need help, post & I will look up their phone number.

You can tell them the "Cruise Refugees" recommended them. They took very good care of us after our Century, Oct. 13th cruise was cancelled.

We had the big, three bedroom apartment on the top floor. The 7th person had a roll away bed in the living room.

We are a group of 6 adults spending 3 days in May in Barcelona pre-cruise.

We have rented a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with a terrace that was highly recommended on Trip Advisor.

We only plan to have coffee/ breakfast and drinks on the terrace :) before going out for dinner, while we are there.

You never know if you have made the right decision until after the fact so we are keeping our fingers crossed about this.

Deen

Archived