Grand Cayman 4x4 Jeep

lovestocruisesue

It's supposed to end with a lunch on the beach at Beach Club Colony. Anyone know anything about this?

That's going to be tough, since the Beach Club Colony was bulldozed to start building condos on that spot. ;) My guess is that you now end at Tiki Beach, the owner's new facility...

• 2 weeks later...

We did this several years ago and it was great. We got to see alot of the island. We stopped at Hell and then went to the beach. Lunch was good we had a few choices I don't remember what they were now but everyone enjoyed it. The Beach was great. We are thinking of doing the turltr farm in May becuase we drove by there and it looked interesting. I would recommend the jeep tour to see all the differnt areas of the island.

Oh but you have to drive on the wrong side of the road so that in its self made it interesting.

We did this several years ago and it was great. We got to see alot of the island. We stopped at Hell and then went to the beach. Lunch was good we had a few choices I don't remember what they were now but everyone enjoyed it. The Beach was great. We are thinking of doing the turltr farm in May becuase we drove by there and it looked interesting. I would recommend the jeep tour to see all the differnt areas of the island.

Oh but you have to drive on the wrong side of the road so that in its self made it interesting.

You did go through Carnival right? Do you think it is possible to do this Jeep tour and a second excursion such as the stingray sandbar safari? Or is the Jeep tour the only excursion you had time to do? My ship will be in Cayman for 7 hours (8-3), the Jeep tour is 4 hrs, Stingray is 2.5 hrs and I'm concerned that I wont be able to do both.

You did go through Carnival right? Do you think it is possible to do this Jeep tour and a second excursion such as the stingray sandbar safari? Or is the Jeep tour the only excursion you had time to do? My ship will be in Cayman for 7 hours (8-3), the Jeep tour is 4 hrs, Stingray is 2.5 hrs and I'm concerned that I wont be able to do both.

I don't think you will have time to do both. Even though your itinerary states that you will be there from 8-3, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to get off the ship right away. Also, GC is a tender port (it is only about a 5 minute boat ride) but you have to wait on other people to get on the tender before it actually gets you over to the island.

If your itinerary states that the ship leaves at three, in actuality, you will have to be back ON the ship by 2:30pm. Again, since this is a tender port, you want to hop in the tender line early (I say no later then 2:00pm) to ride back over to the ship. The lines get very long right before the final boarding time of the ship.

I suggest deciding on doing only one of the excursions and then relax at the beach, hang around town...etc...for the remainder of the day. If you do the stingray though, you would probably have time to do that and once you get back, have a taxi drive you around to some of the sites for an hour or 2 so you can still see everything and it will be A LOT cheaper then the jeep excursion.

When you are looking at your itinerary for all your ports, you want to knock off at least an hour to get a more accurate time of how much time you will really have. At each port, the ship has to be cleared by local port authorities before they let anyone off and they will want you back on 30 minutes before it sails.

I don't think you will have time to do both. Even though your itinerary states that you will be there from 8-3, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to get off the ship right away. Also, GC is a tender port (it is only about a 5 minute boat ride) but you have to wait on other people to get on the tender before it actually gets you over to the island.

If your itinerary states that the ship leaves at three, in actuality, you will have to be back ON the ship by 2:30pm. Again, since this is a tender port, you want to hop in the tender line early (I say no later then 2:00pm) to ride back over to the ship. The lines get very long right before the final boarding time of the ship.

I suggest deciding on doing only one of the excursions and then relax at the beach, hang around town...etc...for the remainder of the day. If you do the stingray though, you would probably have time to do that and once you get back, have a taxi drive you around to some of the sites for an hour or 2 so you can still see everything and it will be A LOT cheaper then the jeep excursion.

When you are looking at your itinerary for all your ports, you want to knock off at least an hour to get a more accurate time of how much time you will really have. At each port, the ship has to be cleared by local port authorities before they let anyone off and they will want you back on 30 minutes before it sails.

Thanks for your response. I know I want to go to Stingray Sandbar so I will do that and take your suggestion about hiring a taxi or I may do the Stingray Sandbar and Rum Point Beach Safari. Thanks again.

Archived