Century...her condition!!

Danno

Several have you asked about the condition of Century...while she shows a few (very few) signs of her ten years at sea...she is in ASTOUNDING shape!!

Most carpets look like new...she is clean, clean, clean!!! Our cabin looked in need of some attention, but aside from really fussy people (that would be me :D ) most of the shortcomings would be hardly noticed...a new mattress would be nice however.

The biggest thing I noticed was hinges (told you I'm fussy) over the years cabinate hardware wears out...new hinges and drawer glides would certainly help with the rattles in the cabin while at sea...

BTW...we were in cabin 9472...cabins in this area might be the best value and location on this ship...I really wouldn't even consider another area given a choice.

Danno - I'm glad to hear she's still holding up. I was on her in December and was very impressed with all the public areas. I agree cabins could use some help though. But she's still a beautiful ship. I couldn't fit a cruise on her in my schedule for this year, but I'm hoping the Galaxy will look as good.

Terri

Hi Danno: Nedra and I were on the same cruise as you. I started another thread providing a review of our thoughts about Century, her condition and her staff.

Not certain whether or not you attended the CC party on Sunday, but did not have the occasion to meet you.

As to your comments about Century, they are right on.

Danno, I did the same sort of thing. Spent a lot of time at the CC party chating with a couple from upper New York who drove to Fort Lauderdale because she did not like flying. Did meet with Larry and Nancy also from New York. I was alone, because Nedra was being affected by the hard drive from FLL to San Juan in 9 foot swells, and was being taken care of our cabin crew including butler Lawrence.

Was really happy that Century was in such good shape - and our experience this time was even better than our cruise last May.

Danno- Aw, shucks. You're making me blush. :)

Wow, that's a long drive to NY. We drove to FLL from NC and it felt endless. It was a 12 hour drive- I could not imagine driving any more than that. My hat off to them. (I mean if I were wearing a hat, which I'm not)

Ok, it's a little late and I'm feeling delerious...;)

Danno---glad she's still in good shape. We sailed first on her and i think your first ship will always be your first love.

teedee---we'll be on the Galaxy with you in October. I hope she is holding up well, too.

Hey, Ships R Great my cruise counter matches yours, so guess we will both be on Galaxy on October 7th.

cechase---see you on board! Are you on the Cruise Connections thread for our cruise?

teedee---I read your 10/05 as "October 5th". tht's when we leave the US for Oct. 7 cruise. Silly me. You're right. I'll try to leave some goat cheese souffle for you but I won't promise.

cechase---see you on board! Are you on the Cruise Connections thread for our cruise?

Yes I am, and have registered for our CC party, and already received a confirmation from Celebrity that we have reached our quota of 25 - 33 right now! We were originally booked on Millie for a 12 day cruise leaving Venice on 10/1/2005 but it was just too port orientated for us. At least on Galaxy we have three days at sea to recouperate. If you don't find us at the CC party, you can find us about an hour before the main seating at the bar in Rondevous Square.

BTW...we were in cabin 9472...cabins in this area might be the best value and location on this ship...I really wouldn't even consider another area given a choice.

Danno - where is cabin 9472?? Can't seem to find it on the deck plan.

Danno - where is cabin 9472?? Can't seem to find it on the deck plan.

So sorry!! Try 9247!! Right numbers....wrong order!! Deck 9, aft facing, port side(ish).

Danno,

Thanks for your review. We felt the same way about the condition of the ship. Hopefully, she will be a bit updated after drydock in Jan. '06, as we have scheduled 4/06.

Lois,

So close. How exciting!

PJ

PJ, one week from Friday I will be in FLL! And Friday night I am having dinner with one of my friends from our Constellation cruise:D How fun is that?

I know in reality it really hasn't been that long since I have sailed Century (14 months) but why does it seem like it has been way longer than that?:eek:

I am very lucky and have been on 3 cruises since that time. But it will be so nice to sail her again:)

Archived