Question for Host or other with insight...

Swann5

Has Carnival ever done an open seating in the MDR for dinner (just like for breakfast or lunch only for those regluarly assigned to early or late dinner) when the ship is in port late? We had this on RCCL once and really enjoyed being able to have dinner service & selection after exploring the port without having to go to the lido buffet or signing up for anytime dining just to accomodate the one late port. We recently tried to get into anytime dining on our late port night and were told to come back and hour and a half later :eek::(. Maybe a suggestion for John Heald and the beards!

I know it is common at some ports in Europe where the ship might be in port late.

Hi Sargent. :) I know you have sailed in Europe with Carnival and without hijacking this thread can you please expand on your reply a little for me? Maybe possibly respond to me in an email? My address can be found under my Sig Line name.

We well be on the Magic for a 12 day Med cruise with a number of late evening Ports and I was wondering if Carnival has (In the past.) had open seating for the evening meals.

We reserved late dining but it would be nice if we could have a little variance. Thanks

I have never seen it personally. But then again, I've never been on a cruise where we were later than 6 PM leaving a port of call...

:)

I would like to see Carnival offer this regularly when in port late. It makes more sense to fill up the MDR table by table, section by section throughout the night rather than having many tables half empty and all the wait staff in action.

Archived