When is Regatta going to drydock

oceansandseas

Next week

They will get the new Pillars Of Distinction upgrades

She will look more like the Marina cabins from the descriptions

Stylish Staterooms and Suites

Under the new program, Oceania Cruises’ elegant and well-appointed staterooms and Penthouse Suites will be enhanced with even more luxurious amenities and stylish new décor highlights. Custom, tufted headboards with nail-head trim mounted on floor-to-ceiling Wenge walnut panels provide the dramatic focal point.

Oceania Cruises pioneered the luxury bedding trend at sea in 2003 and the new Prestige Tranquility Beds raise the standard even higher. The bed is composed of 400 encapsulated springs in seven zones that are covered by two inches of memory foam; a two-inch thick cushion filled with gel and wrapped in Chamomile-infused fiber tops the mattress. In addition, all beds will be dressed with 1,000-thread-count, Egyptian cotton linens and duvets and a plush down comforter.

All accommodations will also be outfitted with refrigerated mini bars, wall sconces and bedside reading lamps, as well as updated furnishings and bath amenities.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

scroll down the the announcements

That is quite interesting. I hope that the brand new beds are as nice as the old ones. On our last cruise they were so nice that I did not want to get out of bed in the morning. That was on sea days.

Does that mean that the beds are triple sheeted now? I am not a fan of triple sheeting as it sometimes gets too warm.

Thanks very much for the info LHT28.

That is quite interesting. I hope that the brand new beds are as nice as the old ones. On our last cruise they were so nice that I did not want to get out of bed in the morning. That was on sea days.

Does that mean that the beds are triple sheeted now? I am not a fan of triple sheeting as it sometimes gets too warm.

Thanks very much for the info LHT28.

I agree I have to force myself to get up any day on the cruise ;)

Just ask them to change the bedding to suit you some take the duvet off & get a blanket

I love the duvet..maybe that is why I do not want to get up :D

Today it is 4F here & I did not want to leave my cosy Duvet

Lyn

Any plans to remodel the suites on those two? The Insignia could use some redecorating in the rooms. Have not been on the Nautica but plan too. The Insignia was not bad but the TV was outdated. The drapes had a very worn look; probably from the wind when the balcony door was open. The public rooms are beautiful. They are very nice nice ships.

Any plans to remodel the suites on those two? The Insignia could use some redecorating in the rooms. Have not been on the Nautica but plan too. The Insignia was not bad but the TV was outdated. The drapes had a very worn look; probably from the wind when the balcony door was open. The public rooms are beautiful. They are very nice nice ships.

The entire Oceania fleet is refurbished at least annually.

While the televisions were switched out to flatscreens starting in 2007. there were a few Penthouses which could not be updated because of "behind the walls" wiring difficulties. The "Pillars of Distinction" refurbishment should finalize all those changes.

The Nautica was done a while ago (May I think) & Insignia in Nov & Regatta next weekend or there abouts

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corpor...diacenter.aspx

just read through the announements

When were you on board? We cruised on INSIGNIA in July/Aug 2010 and our cabin looked just fine! And we had a flat screen TV.

Our drapes looked new as well.

We were on in Sept 2010. Barcelona to Istanbul. Ports in Egypt and Israel. Wonderful itinerary. No flat screen TV. Not complaining just saying the rooms could use a little updating.

I wonder what they did with them we were on in Jul & Aug they had the flat panel T.V.'s (they look like flat computer monitors)

Or is there another kind of flat screen tv?

Lyn

I wonder what they did with them we were on in Jul & Aug they had the flat panel T.V.'s (they look like flat computer monitors)

Or is there another kind of flat screen tv?

Lyn

Perhaps she was in a different cat of cabin and they hadn't completed the switch-outs? We were in PH2 (Aug-Sept) and the tv as well as the laptop was updated. The room was beautiful.

Perhaps she was in a different cat of cabin and they hadn't completed the switch-outs?

A possibility I suppose

I was in other cabins one on deck 4 & deck 6 ..friends were in an inside on deck 7 all had the flat screen t.v

Hopefully all new ones now since the drydock ;)

Happy New Year Lyn -- any chance we'll see you on the Black Sea cruise this June? We're spending the whole summer of 2012 on an O ship but have to wait until the itineraries come out before we decide which one.

Happy New Year Lyn -- any chance we'll see you on the Black Sea cruise this June? We're spending the whole summer of 2012 on an O ship but have to wait until the itineraries come out before we decide which one.

Happy New year to you both

No summer cruises for us this year I am afraid :(

Lyn

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Regatta has had its refurbishment as indicated above? If so, will any photos be published on the Oceania website or ...? Were all the cabins redone or just the suites? We will be taking our 1st cruise on Oceania on the Regatta on 6/29.

We just received an Oceania brochure showing the Marina in all its glory. The staterooms and public rooms are just gorgeous!

Does anyone know if the Regatta has had its refurbishment as indicated above? If so, will any photos be published on the Oceania website or ...? Were all the cabins redone or just the suites? We will be taking our 1st cruise on Oceania on the Regatta on 6/29.

They should be in the brochure look near the back they have photos of the R ships cabins

They will upgrade the cabins to correspond with the new Pillars Of Distinction designs

They will look like the Marina cabins the suites will be different of course ;)

The biggest improvement during refurbishing is the beside the bed, on the wall lights with a goose necked reading lamp attached. DH was able to get up in the night, sit in a chair, turn the goose necked lamp on and read without disturbing me.

Next week

They will get the new Pillars Of Distinction upgrades

She will look more like the Marina cabins from the descriptions

Stylish Staterooms and Suites

Under the new program, Oceania Cruises’ elegant and well-appointed staterooms and Penthouse Suites will be enhanced with even more luxurious amenities and stylish new décor highlights. Custom, tufted headboards with nail-head trim mounted on floor-to-ceiling Wenge walnut panels provide the dramatic focal point.

Oceania Cruises pioneered the luxury bedding trend at sea in 2003 and the new Prestige Tranquility Beds raise the standard even higher. The bed is composed of 400 encapsulated springs in seven zones that are covered by two inches of memory foam; a two-inch thick cushion filled with gel and wrapped in Chamomile-infused fiber tops the mattress. In addition, all beds will be dressed with 1,000-thread-count, Egyptian cotton linens and duvets and a plush down comforter.

All accommodations will also be outfitted with refrigerated mini bars, wall sconces and bedside reading lamps, as well as updated furnishings and bath amenities.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

scroll down the the announcements

Hate to bust anyone's bubble --- but the changes are not very dramatic on the A level.

Insignia just came out of drydock and had these changes. The rooms were nice, but the furniture was the same. What they did was replace the headboard with an integrated walnut panel that has the reading lamps/wall sconces attached. No real difference. The bed seemed to be the same except for the new linens.

Take a look at the "winter wonders" new brochure as it has the new stateroom pictures.

Archived