Selling Oceana ?

Presto2

I read quite recently on one of the posts (can't remember which one!) that P&O may be selling Oceana in 2012. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this rumour as we really wanted to do another cruise on her and would be disappointed if she went elsewhere. :confused:

To my knowledge it is at the moment just a rumour but we will find out in March/April.

We were on OV2 last year and loved her ---- then they sold her off ----- :eek:

We then tried Oceana and loved every minute too !!!!!! Fingers crossed they don't sell her off now --------- :mad:

I was on Oceana for Xmas and we were told at the future cruises presentation that she was going. They didn't say what would be happening to her but she is definitely leaving P&O. We did our first cruise on Oceana way back in 2003 and still really like her but she is showing her age unfortunately.

If Oceana is going, then perhaps it will be associated with the arrival of the first of the Princess new builds? These two hips, with a grt of 139,000, are expected in spring 2013 and 2014. Moving Oceana somewhere else, and cascading a Grand-class ship from Princess to P&O would make sense in the context of Princess getting something brand new and bigger at the same time.

If Oceana is going, then perhaps it will be associated with the arrival of the first of the Princess new builds? These two hips, with a grt of 139,000, are expected in spring 2013 and 2014. Moving Oceana somewhere else, and cascading a Grand-class ship from Princess to P&O would make sense in the context of Princess getting something brand new and bigger at the same time.

You could be right there Tom.

One rumor has her being transferred to P&O (Australia).

Her sister ship Sea Princess is heading that way so it would make sense. Perhaps on winter of the canaries out of Southampton would be enough for any likely demand, so after that what could they do with her?

We have had 6-7 cruises on her and loved every one, sad if she does go but that's how it is.

Of course, Carnival have just upped the stakes in Australia: they are going to base Carnival Spirit there, all year round, from October 2012. Carnival Spirit is one their best ships, many people think: the Spirit class was the fore-runner of the Vista class, and the four Spirit class ships with Carnival are well-regarded.

Could well be that Oceana is going down under and being replaced by one of the older Princess ships - my money is on Grand Princess.

May I add shes going into dry dock in April so I dout they would sell her within a year after that, P&O is receiving Princess Cruises' Royal Princess

One rumor has her being transferred to P&O (Australia).

That would be a interesting place to put her and I heard nothing official but P&O Cruises Australia may sell there Pacific Sun, if you look on wikipedia her flag was changed to Malta just like the Pacific Star was changed to Malta before she was sold to Pullmantur, so you never know

May I add shes going into dry dock in April so I dout they would sell her within a year after that, P&O is receiving Princess Cruises' Royal Princess

How do you know that? She only went in to dry dock in April 2008 so that sounds a bit suspicious if she is going to dry dock.

Be interesting to see if that is the case. I was on Oceana first cruise straight out of refit and Captain Julian Burgess said that she was good for another 5 years.

Queen Victoria has just been in dry dock after three years service

Brian

How do you know that? She only went in to dry dock in April 2008 so that sounds a bit suspicious if she is going to dry dock.

I have on atlas that shows no cruises for April 2011 or just search on the Princess thread, its actually her big overhaul, its been rumored she might lose her Skywalkers completely

• 3 weeks later...
That would be a interesting place to put her and I heard nothing official but P&O Cruises Australia may sell there Pacific Sun, if you look on wikipedia her flag was changed to Malta just like the Pacific Star was changed to Malta before she was sold to Pullmantur, so you never know

P&O Australia should get at least a couple of cartons of beer for the Sun, it's nearly 30 years old.

Oceana is a nice ship though, we were on her in 2006.

Archived