Triumph to Grand Cayman instead of Belize

robtx100

Just wanted to post quickly, we are on the Triumph and the itinerary changed to Cayman instead of Belize. My group is fine with the decision, but there was some interesting "DRAMA" going on at guest services yesterday from one woman. She had an audience on every level of the atrium until four security guards took her away. It was too funny. Now to find something to do in GC.

Gotta love the drama queens (& kings) who don't read their cruise contracts:rolleyes:

Definitely do a Stingray City excursion! We've used Moby Dick and Nativeway...like Moby better but they were both fine. When you get off the ship, walk to the left from the port to the other port area and you will find them there in turquoise shirts.

We missed Belize in October on the Triumph due to a hurricane, after trying, and not being able to port in Costa Maya, we just went to Cozumel twice. Fortunately, I did not witness any drama over it.

Grand Cayman is great. When you get off the ship look for someone doing a stingray city tour. It is great. I agree about Moby Dick or Nativeway. Ask someone for either.

Just wanted to post quickly, we are on the Triumph and the itinerary changed to Cayman instead of Belize. My group is fine with the decision, but there was some interesting "DRAMA" going on at guest services yesterday from one woman. She had an audience on every level of the atrium until four security guards took her away. It was too funny. Now to find something to do in GC.

Get your cameras ready if the weather doesn't allow them to tender. If she was that upset with a change in ports, what will she do if they cancel the new port.:eek:

Gregg

We had the best time in Grand Cayman. Did the stingray tour. Will never forget how beautiful the water was with the dark blue to turquoise. Love to go there anyday than Belize. Life is too short to freak out about every curve ball and obstacle thrown at us... Carpe diem! Live for the day.

Just guessing here, but there was something in the news a week or so ago about a disagreement between the cruise lines and tender operators. Maybe they found out they wouldn't be able to tender. Or maybe it's just a weather related decision. I agree that GC is great! Lots to do & see.

Just guessing here, but there was something in the news a week or so ago about a disagreement between the cruise lines and tender operators. Maybe they found out they wouldn't be able to tender. Or maybe it's just a weather related decision. I agree that GC is great! Lots to do & see.

Thanks for refreshing my memory about the tender operators....

I do think that when there is a port change, cruisers should be sent a letter to each cabin with an explanation as to why.

When you get back...let us know if Carnival told you a reason for the change....

sorry y'all had to deal with a tourist onboard.....

I do think that when there is a port change, cruisers should be sent a letter to each cabin with an explanation as to why.

We had a couple itinerary changes on our Valor cruise Thanksgiving week. When we arrived at the port, we were handed a letter showing the new itinerary -- same ports but in a different order. We hadn't booked any independent tours, so no problem for us.

Then around 5:00 p.m. or so on our first sea day, the captain made an announcement that there was a medical emergency on board and they needed to head to Cozumel to drop off the passenger. Because of that, we would not be making the scheduled stop in Grand Cayman, but Costa Maya instead.

I think it was handled very well under the circumstances. I'm sure some people were disappointed, but I didn't see anyone making a scene or even complaining. Honestly, we've been to Grand Cayman so many times, I was happy with the switch.

In the case of the Triumph, it seems funny that Grand Cayman is being added in place of Belize -- only because GC is so often missed because of weather or whatever reason. I hardly ever hear about a cruise making an unscheduled stop in Grand Cayman.

Looking at the weather, Belize was suppose to be nice today, but storms the rest of the week, while Grand Cayman had storms today but nice the rest of the week. So if they switched for tomorrow or later in the week, that makes sense.

But if it is due to the tender situation, maybe they have not resolved their issues. Interesting article about it: http://www.eturbonews.com/20504/belize-tourism-will-meet-international-cruise-lines-requirements

If I booked a cruise to Belize, I'd be a little irked if they switched to GC. I'd also be curious why the switch. If the answer is to save on fuel costs, I'd really be mad. :mad:

Itinerary changes are a part of cruising. Wouldn't bother me a bit. I know that they can change itinerary at anytime for any reason at their sole discression. I also know they don't change without a good reason...

Could be vendor problems in Belize or conflict over port fees or just about any other reason....

It's been my experience that booking only for the itinerary can lead to disappointment, for sure.

The change is announced = several times--by Captain, CD and others...and generally, there is usually a followup letter. As for the reason, I leave those matters to the Captain... I don't really care. They don't cancel except for very good reasons.

If I booked a cruise to Belize, I'd be a little irked if they switched to GC. I'd also be curious why the switch. If the answer is to save on fuel costs, I'd really be mad. :mad:

You really don't think Carnival would admit fuel cost as for the reason for skipping a port do you .

Archived