Dining for group of 10

San Carlos lady

Which dining venues can accommodate sitting 10 for dinner?

For GDR I would ask in advance so they will make sure the larger table is reserved for you on the night you want

I did not notice table larger than 8 in the specialty restaurants but we usually ask for 6 or less

For GDR I would ask in advance so they will make sure the larger table is reserved for you on the night you want

I did not notice table larger than 8 in the specialty restaurants but we usually ask for 6 or less

We try to book an Oceania cruise to mark the milestones in our lives, and thanks to Cruise Critic, we usually sail with (at least) several friends. As a result I've organized a great many dinner parties for larger groups.

This is what I've learned:

The "Official Rules" of the Grand Dining Room prohibit the reserving of tables in advance. The Captain may choose to bend those rules to accommodate a large group, but be aware that they are making an EXCEPTION.

If you are requesting a choice area of the dining room, a big empty table will attract attention in an open seating dining room, so be on time.

We usually find it easiest to arrange for the group to meet in the Grand Bar. The first to get there, should remind the Captain of the size of your group.

In the Specialty restaurants, the tables don't normally seat more than 8, however, with advance notice they will move things around to suit your party.

The "Official Rules" of the Grand Dining Room prohibit the reserving of tables in advance. The Captain may choose to bend those rules to accommodate a large group, but be aware that they are making an EXCEPTION.

I gues the point I was trying to make & failed :o

Was if you have a large group do not just show up at the GDR & expect to be seated together

A little advance notice they will work with you to keep your group together

Archived