Sodas on board?

millerboy88

I have read somewhere that Carnival now has a new policy in place, where you can no longer bring any types of "drinks" on board. It has been 2 years since I have been on a cruise, but have been many times before. I have always packed 12 packs of sodas and water to bring with me on board, as Carnival does not have the soda that I like, and have had no problems with them taking it. I do not drink alcohol, so I am not interested smuggling, just wanted to bring my own sodas? Is this the new policy now?

I saw this posted on one of the threads here on CC. I have always packed the sodas in a suitcase and sent it with checked luggage and never had a problem. So now, it has to be carried on? Just want to make sure I get it correct

Yes, you got it correct.. they really dont care and the policy states 12 nonalchoholic drinks, doesnt even specify what size drinks .. and if you are over they arent going to care .. as long as you carry them on yourself.

I saw this posted on one of the threads here on CC. I have always packed the sodas in a suitcase and sent it with checked luggage and never had a problem. So now, it has to be carried on? Just want to make sure I get it correct

Usually, the best place to get this sort of info is from Carnival (unless you have to call them, then you'll get several different answers, LOL). This is from their website:

"On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage."

I had liquor confiscated from my checked luggage and they left the 12 pack of soda. Weird.

Yeah, I did both last cruise... put some in carry-on & some in checked luggage. I never lock my luggage (I know, different thread), but they called me down to open it because they thought it was locked & wanted to check on possible prohibited items. They opened it and right on top were water bottles & sodas in big Ziploc. They said, "Oh OK, that's fine, no problem. Thanks!" And sent me on my way.

So they apparently don't enforce their own rule. Many have reported they have had no problems with it in checked luggage. Not sure why they have that rule if they aren't going to enforce it.

You're free to put them in a suitcase as long as it's not one of your checked bags.

:)

Oh shoot I hate lugging it around and I gotta have my case of water!!! We never bring more than that though, hubby gets a soda card and I have my water. Guess we'll lug now :-(

Thanks for the info

Oh shoot I hate lugging it around and I gotta have my case of water!!! We never bring more than that though, hubby gets a soda card and I have my water. Guess we'll lug now :-(

Thanks for the info

I would still try. If the porter takes it, it will get delivered to your room

Oh cool, I think I'll try it, the worse that can happen is I won't get it and then I can buy bottled water, I just like a certain brand <rolls eyes> I know it's dumb but I can't help it, I drink water for pleasure lol <==is a dork :-)

The porter won't take it but your luggage will be tagged as having some form of contraband in it. You'll have to go the naughty room, open your bag if it's locked, and your soda will be confiscated. It will be returned the last night of your cruise.

The porter won't take it but your luggage will be tagged as having some form of contraband in it. You'll have to go the naughty room, open your bag if it's locked, and your soda will be confiscated. It will be returned the last night of your cruise.

They do not confiscate soda as it is allowed.

My father had beer and soda in his checked bag and they took the beer and left the soda.

Archived