Cheaper parking for a week for Port of Miami?

csaeroach

I read on here months ago about hotels offering cheaper parking while cruising, and offering shuttles to Port of Miami, but I can not find the thread now.

Does anyone know of cheaper parking then $20 a day? Hotels or with other parking garages etc... I do not want to stay a night in hotel, I am looking for parking only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+ per day for parking :eek: There have been some very mixed reviews for "United Parking" - essentially a web site that contracts with a local lot. Security is a major concern in downtown Miami; parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - worth $20/day to me. ;)

If you change your mind on hotel parking deals you can check www.parksleepfly.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

Most will be out near MIA airport. Try Blue Lagoon hotels (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others) or the Embassy Suites near MIA airport.

If a shuttle is not included plan on spending $30 for a cab to POM and another $30 to get back to your car. Between the taxi fares and security issues, I'd take another look at parking at POM. ;) Good luck! :)

Downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+ per day for parking :eek: There have been some very mixed reviews for "United Parking" - essentially a web site that contracts with a local lot. Security is a major concern in downtown Miami; parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - worth $20/day to me. ;)

If you change your mind on hotel parking deals you can check www.parksleepfly.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

Most will be out near MIA airport. Try Blue Lagoon hotels (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others) or the Embassy Suites near MIA airport.

If a shuttle is not included plan on spending $30 for a cab to POM and another $30 to get back to your car. Between the taxi fares and security issues, I'd take another look at parking at POM. ;) Good luck! :)

John brings up excellent points about parking and I just want to add that even though parking lots outside POM insist they have security, half the time that security is in on any scam, theft, damage done to your vehicle.

I've been looking at ParkNetFly.com

http://www.netparkfly.com/Facilities/airportparking.aspx?airport=POM

the map of the location they use appears to be an off airport lot I used for years when I lived in Miami and never had a problem. I think this is what I'm going to try when I sail from Miami in March. They were very very reliable when I used them from the airport, never waited more than 10 minutes for a shuttle. Looks like rate is a wee bit less than $10 a day . . .

Archived