Some dining questions for the Whisper

AllisonJames

Hi all -- sorry, I did a search but couldn't quite find the answers to these questions, so I will rely on all the experts on this board!

1) How do I make dinner reservations in advance of the cruise? I don't see any online options in the "my voyage" section. Or is this even necessary and should we just wait until we board and ask our Butler to do it?

2) Will SS pack us a picnic lunch that we could take to the beach? And if so would there be a charge for this?

3) If you were celebrating your 50th Birthday on board, what would you do for dinner? Le Champagne? The Restaurant? Any special requests you would make?

Thanks everyone!

Hi Allison, You can't make reservations until you board, your Butler will do it for you. I have not tried the picnic lunch; but, I'll bet your Butler can arrange that too. Ours, for instance, suggested and helped plan an Indian meal for us. Lastly, and this is strictly our way of doing things, you may prefer something different; we find a table in the Restaurant with a waiter we like, and is good, and stay there the entire voyage. If we want to celebrate something we tell him and the maitre'd and get suggestions for a special meal we would like. I'm not cheap but I see no need to spend extra for La Champagne anf Terraza imho is not as good as the main dining room. Hope this helps.

Btw just tell the Maitre'd about your table preference and what time you dine and despite the no reservation policy--guess what--the table is always available. They put down the napkins to show it's taken.

Thanks for the info . . . anyone else want to add their advice?
If you were celebrating your 50th Birthday on board, what would you do for dinner? Le Champagne? The Restaurant? Any special requests you would make?

Personally I would book dinner for 2 at Le Champagne incl the wine pairing, and pay for it via a "Bon Voyage" gift at least two weeks before the cruise starts (it's cheaper that way) and tell SS both via the Passenger Info sheet and when making the dinner reservation on board.

You can "google" the reviews of Le Champagne and the pro/cons of the wine pairing via the search function to help you make the decision, which ultimately is a personal one. Best wishes for the 2nd half of your century!

So glad this question was asked. I had been wondering the same things. AllisonJames is really going to think I am a stalker as I am following her posts closely. We are on the sailing immediately following hers. Embarkation day is our 25th anni. Will it be difficult to get reservations in Le Champagne on embarkation day? If it is impossible it is good to know that the Restaurant will do a nice job too!

Hey CLCK86, no worries, stalk away :) That's what this board's for, to gather info from others, I myself have been know to "stalk" and "lurk" incessantly . . . frankly, it's just about the only thing keeping my spirits up during this very cold winter. The anticipation of the trip is almost as good as the trip itself!

Just to clarify:

- you can prepay ($150 pp, a $50 saving vs on board) for LeChampagne via a Bon Voyage gift (to yourself/spouse) on-line fourteen days before departure.

- you can book LeChampagne once you have boarded (and we usually never had a problem booking the dinner and the date we wanted)

Archived