Funchal Excursion Question

CruisinMatt

Hi all, I'm curious as to what time the Seabourn excursion to Reid's Palace in Funchal begins? I see it's in the afternoon. Is there enough time to potentially go out on our own in the AM (or book an excursion) and then get back to the ship to change clothes for Reid's? :confused:

Thanks! :)

Last year on the Pride the ship docked at 8am and the Reids excursion left at 2.30pm. There was also a tour available at 10am to Monte and Embroidery Factory with Wine Tasting and everyone had to be back onboard by 4.30 for the ship sailing at 5. So there should be plenty of time and your Voyage Information book should show if there is any morning excursion offered. And, of course, there is no Team Trivia that day!

Until I noticed your signature, I hadn't realised the Legend Crossing was so far behind the Pride. I'm sure the last couple of years it was only 2 or 3 days later. At least that should give you a better chance of extended good weather. It's snowed here in London every day for the last week, although mostly not heavily. I'm desperate to be home on the Pride in the warmth of a Florida Spring and of the companionship of my Seabourn family.

Hi Norm,

It is odd that the Legend departs so late this year. We actually leave on the 27th, which if I'm not mistaken, is the date you arrive in Lisbon. Hope it portends a warmer crossing.

Regards,

Denyse

Legend-ites~~~I had an e-mail yesterday from Eric De Grey. His message brought to mind, to mention to you, be sure and request Eric to sing, "Bring Him Home," from Les Miserables. Eric is one of the finest entertainer's on the seas......His Broadway show should BE on Broadway!!! Don't miss his "Rock 'n Roll" night........he comes in on ROLLER SKATES! Before he started his cruiseship career, he was a champion ice skater. You'll enjoy him both ON the stage and OFF! Grrrreat fellow! And fabulous entertainer!

The Legend has always been about 5 days behind the Pride on our March Crossings. Norman, do you remember in 2003, Captain Rodahl steered us close to the African coast because of a storm and we were all so worried about the Legend behind us? As it turned out........all was fine! Let's hope for good weather and smooth seas this year.

Happy Crossing!

MB

CruiserDan,

The Northern crossing in 2003, from London to NY, was a COLD crossing!!! It's the only cruise I have ever sailed where I had the heat on in my suite the entire time. And, all of our outdoor photos have me in gloves, wool coat, and scarf. Not exactly your typical cruise, yet it was 3 weeks of pure, relaxing heaven, because it was Seabourn!

Not sure I'd do it again, though...prefer the warmer days.

Denyse

Denyse~~~I agree with you! I was on the Northern Crossing last year and it was certainly cooler than any Crossing I had been on. The March Crossing's are mostly sunny days....with perhaps a morning or two of light showers. But by noon, it's nice and warm with the sun shining. The sun lizzards are all basking on the sun deck.

You need to pack a light rain jacket, however, in case it's raining in Lisbon. And, of course, you'll be winning an umbrella, so you'll be all set!

MB

O.K., Mr. Iguana, look forward to lounging on the sun deck with the kind bar servers bringing you "frozen" washclothes to cool 'yoreself! Yep, it's a fact.......they come a'round often on hot days offering wonderful cool cloths!

Please order a "Mojito" and keep on toastin' to the "poor folks" back home digging out of the SNOW!

MB

Mr Mcboo~~~~I'm going to take a bigggg pot of fresh mint with me......can't you just hear all my explanations to the Security fellows, at the San Antonio Airport???? "well, Sir, it's like this..........I need it......blab, blab, blab.......!"

hahahaha

Keep Sailing!

Martita Feathers

John~~~~I think you booked the Legend Crossing for 2006.......please rethink this!!!

Come with us on the Pride~~~~March 16-28

I'm hosting a wonderful, "fun and phooey party"~~~~~TICKLED PINK

We're all wearing PINK..........and 'yep, you guessed it, "just pink carnation boutonniere's" for the Officer's......... do you have a mental picture of this affair?

Happy to hear of your NEW home! That's great!

Martita

I had considered booking the Pride and would like to go , but I had wanted to experience the picnic . I started the house in June and have had numerous delays . I hope to be done in June or July !!!! It is antebellum style to reflect my region :-). When I am finished I will have a digital photo taken and maybe I can get a copy sent !!! Dillard's has some nice pink polo shirts on sale for spring !!!!!!!

John

Thanks John~~~would Dillard's happen to have a long "bubble-gum pink feathered ball gown?" hahaha (you fellows need to rush today and purchase your PINK shirt)

Your home sounds fantastic! Yes, please post a picture......we'd all love to see it! A "Dixie type anti-bellum?"

Your are sure gonna miss a nice sea party~~~but, I do understand wanting to go to the nice picnic! Champagne and caviar in the surf!

Have a nice weekend!

Miss Martita B.

Archived