Ugliest Ship You've Ever Sailed On

heidik

Didn't like the look Liberty of the Seas and its glitzy decor.

Doesn't compare to the tasteful decor of the X Ships on which I have sailed.

I agree. We did Freedom and it came no where near in comparison to S class ships. For example, in the lounge area on the top deck. On the S class it overlooks the ocean. On Freedom class, it overlooks the kids play area. Yeah. Like I want to sit there and watch children play!

Liberty of The Seas is a lovely ship......NCL Epic on the other hand...

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. My comment about the Liberty of the Seas referred mostly to the interior decor.

Haven't been on the Epic, but its appearance certainly is not lovely to behold, from afar, IMO.

I couldn't agree with you more. I like HAL but the interior decor on their ships is the worst, the Noordam is awful.

The HAL Eurodam Interiors are ugly. Very 80's style with purple and lime green. Also too much red. The solarium and the Exploration cafe were also huge disappointments. On the HAL board they write about their "beautiful ships" so I thought it was just me.

Chandris Britanis. It was so old, we were not allowed to use hairdryers in our room, and had to get ready in large mirrored room with other passengers!

We had a cabin with bunk beds and no bathroom! We had to use a communal shower/rest room!

X has come a long way since this ship.

Exterior -- Grand Princess, from the aft anyhow, with the spoiler / shopping cart handle.

Interior -- Carnival Valor, at least parts of it, too much Farcus at times... or maybe Carnival Celebration.

We were docked in Miami next to the Epic, and as we approached the port in the shuttle, I said to DH, "There is that Godawful ugly ship". Of course the people sitting in front of us were sailing on her :rolleyes:. Then we were moored alongside in San Martin and our balcony looked right across at her--we were there for hours--I had to get up and go sit on the other side of the ship because I got so tired of 1000 people seemingly staring right at me! But when we got off and were in the rental car shuttle, we met some other folks who had just disembarked and commented on how ugly it was, and felt 'cheaply done' inside. I don't think I would ever book on her from aesthetics alone. What were they thinking?

Of the ships in my signature, the ugliest on the INSIDE was Costa Atlantica. Bilious, garish colors that made my Wife laugh out loud when she came aboard. Some said "how beautiful", but its un-complementary color scheme and tacky "plastic and chrome" look all over were just too much for either of us. Of course this was supposed to be the ship to honor Frederico Fellini, and if Fellini had decorated a ship this is exactly what it would look like, but who wants that?!? His movies are quite bizarre, just like the interior of this ship. BTW we enjoyed the cruise (although the food was the worst on any of the ships we've been on so far).

• 1 month later...

We sailed on the Bermuda Star many times (starting in 1985) to Bermuda and loved it!! Of course, ships today are very different but that started our love of cruising and we now have completed 42 cruises and counting!

Anyone ever sail on the MS Caribe? It was one of the now defunct Commodore cruise line ships. It was an old car ferry converted for cruising. This was our first ever cruise in the late 70's. I still can't believe we ever sailed again after that experience. The ship bobbed like a cork in the ocean. I was sicker than a dog. The dining room smelled like old stale food. This was during the days of the "Love Boat' TV show. We cursed the love boat repeatedly on this cruise.

My DH just found out that the Caribe is now the MS Discovery Sun. It serves as a day ferry between Ft. Lauderdale and Grand Bahama Island. Hope it has improved!

Archived