Barcelona Airport Food Service

Hazed Gray

We have a four hour midday layover at El prat before taking a flight arriving in Germany after 10:00PM. Woud like to get a full sit-down meal, in a nice resturaunt with table service in Terminal 2B (Air Berlin). The BCN airport web-site is abysmal in provision of useful info re terminal services. Is there such a resturaunt in the terminal complex? Can someone with local knowledge help me?

Agreed, T2 - the 'old' terminal doesnt have any such facilities, all the eating places are sandwich/snack bars where you go to the counter and take your food back to the table yourself.

T1 is no better, which for a brand new international terminal is quite dissapointing.

Here you have the information about restaurants and cafeterias in Barcelona Airport T1 and T2. In T2 there was a restaurant called Sant Jordi, but at present this terminal is only used by low cost airlines and has not a lot of passenger. In T1 you have two restaurants in departures zone: Mussol and Asador del Mar.

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?SiteName=LTDA&c=Page&cid=1198671740491&idairport=1198751718412&identity=1238688310151&idterminal=1238688301157&pagename=LTDA%2FLTDA&Language=EN_GB

Normandie- Are the resturaunts you sent me info regarding in Terminal 1 accessible to passengers before going through security? If I read the maps on the link correctly,it looks to me that Medas and Mussol are on the secure side, and would not be accessable to passengers departing on flights from T2. Do you know whether there are baggage lockers in T2 or T1? I'm told that the Air Berlin baggage check-in opens only about two hours prior to flight departures, and want to avoid dragging suitcases around for the four hours we are there.

Dear friends:

The concept of a stand-up restaurant in a Spanish airport is not like it is in the United States (pizza, burgers, coffee).

You will probably be able to order hot meals, or at least tapas and sandwiches made of Jamón Serrano, Spanish tortilla, etc. And there should be a seating area, even if you have to self-serve the food.

If it were me, I would just take advantage of those facilities, and between eating, going to the rest room, relaxing and poking around the stores and other retail offerings, the four hours will go quickly.

I personally would not change terminals just to eat at a "sit-down" restaurant.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Do you know whether there are baggage lockers in T2 or T1? I'm told that the Air Berlin baggage check-in opens only about two hours prior to flight departures, and want to avoid dragging suitcases around for the four hours we are there.

Read this:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/facilities-t1/left-luggage-barcelona-airport-t1.html

Archived