Quest question

It lists Quest as PG-13. What exactly is it? What is involved? What is the content of it? We will have a 14-year-old boy and 15-year-old girl with us and don't know if this is something that would be appropriate for them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just returned from Jan 9-16 Allure cruise. The Quest show is an interactive, audience participation show with many adult themes. The audience is divided into groups and the host (cruise director) asks each group to bring him different items from their group to be awarded points. Some examples of the requested items were: 1) bring him 2 bras 2) show him a thong (one woman raised her skirt and showed him her thong/butt cheeks) 3) have 2 male team members come to him and drop their pants. This being said there were many other requests that were less provocative - show him something with black teeth. the teams brought combs or showed him a zipper. The show started at 1145pm and lasted about an hour.

At our show there were several children much younger than 14-16 yo who attended with their parents. the host made it perfectly clear before the show started that there would be some adults themes that might not be appropriate.

Hope this helps

It lists Quest as PG-13. What exactly is it? What is involved? What is the content of it? We will have a 14-year-old boy and 15-year-old girl with us and don't know if this is something that would be appropriate for them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You will get mixed opinions, but many cruises they ask you not to bring people under 18. I will just say you will have less fun if you bring them and others around you may have less fun if you bring them. Let them stay out late at the teen club that night.

Just returned from Jan 9-16 Allure cruise. The Quest show is an interactive, audience participation show with many adult themes. The audience is divided into groups and the host (cruise director) asks each group to bring him different items from their group to be awarded points. Some examples of the requested items were: 1) bring him 2 bras 2) show him a thong (one woman raised her skirt and showed him her thong/butt cheeks) 3) have 2 male team members come to him and drop their pants. This being said there were many other requests that were less provocative - show him something with black teeth. the teams brought combs or showed him a zipper. The show started at 1145pm and lasted about an hour.

At our show there were several children much younger than 14-16 yo who attended with their parents. the host made it perfectly clear before the show started that there would be some adults themes that might not be appropriate.

Hope this helps

FYI, this is way more information than most people will post about quest as people who know to much tend to prepare for the show, which is what happened last time on Majesty. We still had a good time, but its amazing what people will do to try and win a silly prize.

FYI, this is way more information than most people will post about quest as people who know to much tend to prepare for the show, which is what happened last time on Majesty. We still had a good time, but its amazing what people will do to try and win a silly prize.

On Allure last week Ken specifically stated that if he saw anyone using pre-prepared bags that the whole team would be disqualified. I think that they are wising up to this and working towards making it fair for everyone.

For what it is worth, they did not ask for most of those things on our Nov 14 Oasis cruise. Maybe they are starting to mix it up.

On Allure last week Ken specifically stated that if he saw anyone using pre-prepared bags that the whole team would be disqualified. I think that they are wising up to this and working towards making it fair for everyone.

I'm glad to hear that. Now, it begs the question, would I stand up and "rat out" someone. I was tempted to on Majesty last month. We got there early to get a good seat, which is good to do on Majesty's smaller venue. Some guy came up to me, much the way someone would if they were selling you pot on a street corner. He asked if we played before and if we had a stash. I told him we had played before and I said it was wrong to come prepared. He stuck his nose up at me and walked away. His team did win the gold medal (probably one of the ones I saw on Ebay today :rolleyes: )

For their sake, let the teens stay with their new "cruise buddies" at the teen clubs/parties/shows etc. This is fun for them and nice for the parents, too. I love my teen, and enjoy traveling with him, but my DH and I enjoy "Adult Entertainment" of the Quest by ourselves.

Let the teens be teens. They don't need to see Quest to enjoy their cruise.

Have fun ! - Clancy

For what it is worth, they did not ask for most of those things on our Nov 14 Oasis cruise. Maybe they are starting to mix it up.

I don't know if that is the initiative of the cruise director or any corporate mandate. I've been to 4 Quests in my 5 cruises for far ( Didn't go to the one on my first cruise) My first Quest in 2007 was with Ricky (Majesty CD) back in 2007. Then came Richard Spacey on Freedom in 2008. There were quite a few things that were the same, and a few new things (new to me). Navigator in 2009 was again a mixture of things I had seen before and a few new things. Last November I was on Majesty with Ricky again, and I don't think he changed a thing in 3 years, and judging from one passenger, whom I'm guessing was a Majesty regular, he probably doesn't change.

Archived