Table for Two (Maitre'De Tip)

rbushy

There's no need to tip the Maitre d' for that. He's simply doing his job.

However, at the end of the cruise if you feel that the Maitre d' deserves a gratuity you'll be provided an envelope in your cabin for that express purpose

:)

I only went to see the Maitre'd one time to request your time dining and although he did arrange this for us, I didn't feel THAT was the time to tip him. On the last night they leave you an envelope, and that's what I would use. JMHO

Has anyone tipped the Maitre'De on Embarkation to get a table for two? Is this something that can be accomplished and what would be an approprate tip for this service.

Whats your dining time situation? If it's anytime, than you really don't have to do anything except tell them you want a 2 top when you show up. If you are doing traditional, talk to the MD on the day of embarkation, and although not neccesary, a tip can't hurt.

Has anyone tipped the Maitre'De on Embarkation to get a table for two? Is this something that can be accomplished and what would be an approprate tip for this service.

I think tipping (bribing) the MD to get a table for 2 is rude. Just go to the DR around 1:30 on embarkation day and make your request. If he is able to grant it he will. A tip on the last evening would show your appreciation for his efforts.

I've seen them trying to refuse a tip at the time the request was made. We've twice asked to be moved to a table for 2 when the dining room open right after boarding, and been accommodated both times. I tipped him (I think I gave him $20) on the last day.

Both times we were late seating though. Perhaps it is more difficult to get a table for two at the early seating, I don't know.

Archived