Orlando Theme Parks before or after Cruise?

JennyDeen

We will be cruising in may (3 adults + 4 kids) and can't decide if we should stay in orlando for 2-3 days and then take a cruise or first take a cruise and then visit Disney World...

What do you think?

I have been told by most to do the parks first, and then relax on the cruise. And that is what we had pretty much planned to do, until we looked at flights. It was much cheaper for us to fly in t he day before teh cruise and then got to the parks after, so that is how we are going to do it. But I think if I could do it anyway I wanted, I would do the cruise last.

I don't think it really matters, except the parks can be very tiring especially with four kids so i would do the parks first. Don't forget to stop by Cape Kennedy to see the space center on your way to Port Canvanial. We spent about 6 hours there before departing on our cruise at 4pm.

I would say the parks first and then the cruise. In October we are planning 5 days at the Disney parks, 4 day cruise and then 2 days at Universal. Just my opinion and plans. We'll see once flights are booked.

I would say the parks first and then the cruise. In October we are planning 5 days at the Disney parks, 4 day cruise and then 2 days at Universal. Just my opinion and plans. We'll see once flights are booked.

We've never taken a Disney Cruise but have done 5 days on RCCL with 3 days with the Mouse before or after. Both ways had their advantages but I actually enjoyed staying at Disney after the cruise.

We usually go to a park in the morning for a few hours, come back and hang out by the pool, then head back at night so it's not too hectic.

It's also a nice de-tox period prior to going back to work after 5 days of debauchery at sea:eek:

We did the parks before AND after our cruise, and really didn't enjoy them after so much. After relaxing on the cruise, we really didn't want the hubub of the parks. I say parks first and then cruise.

A few years back, we did four days in the parks then went on a 7-day cruise.

We were needing to relax so much after the parks, it felt like the cruise went by super fast.

For the honeymoon even longer ago (obviously pre kids), we did 7-day cruise then two in the parks and liked that so much better.

Just my opinion.

We like to do the parks after the cruise, but we go so often to the parks (sans cruise), that we we don't do them commando. We don't do it quite like toast1412 but the concept is the same.

We can adjust to the real world after the cruise at the Disney parks, but in limited doses.

We did the parks after our cruise one year. If we do it again, I would do the parks first. Nice to have a sea day after the hustle and bustle of the park visit to relax and recharge.

Several years ago we did the parks for a few days after a nice and relaxing Disney Wonder 4 day cruise and will never do that again. We have since done a Cruise only Wonder trip and are planning another Dream Cruise and will maybe spend a couple of low profile days at WDW before, but won't try to cram too much into a small time frame with the crowds and little kids again. Just ruins a relaxing vacation to do deal with the stress and crowds of the parks after a perfect cruise IMO!

Archived