problem with booking shore excursions? (Legend in April)

tigerxj

We sail on Apr 24 out of Tampa on the Legend. I booked about 10 days ago. Since then I have been trying to book shore excursions. We want to spend a little extra in Cozumel and Belize, and take it easy in Isla Roatan and Grand Cayman.

When I search excursions, I can only book ones on Isla Roatan. On the other three ports of call, I can't book them via the website for some reason. It doesn't say that they are full, just this:

We’re still setting up shore excursion inventory in this port of call. While most excursions will become available for pre-sale 120 days prior to sail date' date=' rare exceptions may apply depending on the port of call and the time of year.

Rest assured we are working diligently to secure a line-up of only the best shore excursions offered in this port of call.[/quote']

I've been in contact with eSolutions via email, but they have not given me a definitive answer on anything or any solutions. I tried calling the PVP line tonight, and they told me to call eSolutions. Thanks for that bright idea. I'm gonna call eSolutions tomorrow and see if I can get some answers.

We are fully paid for our trip, and have our SS account set up. What else could be going on here besides a computer glitch? Anyone else have something similar happen to them?

Got an email from the Shore Excursion desk today. Apparently there was an itinerary change just prior to my booking I was not aware of, and that is the cause for the problem with booking shore excursions. They have to essentially re-negotiate with all their tour operators and then reload everything. THey should have it all up and running by early february

Got an email from the Shore Excursion desk today. Apparently there was an itinerary change just prior to my booking I was not aware of, and that is the cause for the problem with booking shore excursions. They have to essentially re-negotiate with all their tour operators and then reload everything. THey should have it all up and running by early february

I would not count on stopping in Belize since Carnival does not want to pay the tender operators.

I would also suggest that Cozumel and GC are two ports that you get a lot more value for your money by booking independent excursions. You will get the same thing Carnival offers for half the price, and with only 25% of the other guests.

Archived