Emerald's muster drill

gingera

With or without life vests$ I will have a scooter for the first time. What will I have to do. I can walk, just not far or stand for more then 10 minutes.

We were running very late and made it to the ship right at 4:00. I think we were the last ones to board the ship because they acted like we were the last ones they were waiting on. In a way, it was nice because there was absolutely no waiting for anything. The muster drill started right after we made it to our stateroom. We had our muster drill with the vests. We didn't go outside like we have on other cruises. Our spot was in one of the clubs (Explorer's Lounge). We just all went down there and everybody that could find a seat sat down. It didn't last very long. They did have us put on the vests and then practice fastening them.

With or without life vests$ I will have a scooter for the first time. What will I have to do. I can walk, just not far or stand for more then 10 minutes.

When you board there will be information about where your muster station is. If it is easy to walk fine, otherwise take the scooter. You may - especially if walking - simply go early. -If the drill is 4.15 go by 4.00. This keeps you out of crowds and gets you a seat. Much easier than finding yourself in a throng. You may also want to let the throng leave the drill before you do too, when it is over.

When you get to your cabin, talk with your cabin steward. I am sure there are special arrangements for those who cannot walk or stand for any length of time.

We usually have to go down flights of stairs from Caribe deck.

Enjoy your cruise:)

When they sound the signal for the drill, they want you to use the stairs.

You can avoid that by taking the elevator a few minutes before the scheduled time, either with or without your scooter.

When you get to the muster station, there will be seating.

Be sure to notify your cabin steward the first day that in case of a real emergency you may need assistance in getting to the muster station.

Law says that it must be held within 24 hours of embarkation. There are many Muster locations.....you do NOT need to go early. It is done in a very orderly fashion...and you may use elevators if you must. This is an extremely important drill..........and it is done extremely well.

And I hope that the lady who VOMITED all over the dining room yesterday during the RED ALERT is feeling better. Yes......I SAID RED ALERT..............

Archived