How much can you save booking a Guarantee?

Just curious oh much of a savings approximately we can expect with booking an inside guarantee for 4.

I am not trying to be smart here but wouldn't you just look at what a normal room goes at over a gaurantee room? Then minus the difference and you get what you would be saving...

Just curious oh much of a savings approximately we can expect with booking an inside guarantee for 4.

I booked a promanade room on the Freedom (5/15/ sailing) back in October for 749 pp (not including taxes and port fees) -- at the end of December a Balconey Guarantee became available for 729 per person -- WHile I only saved $40.00 (and got a better room) I am also a diamond C&A member so we got to take the balcony discount which brought the room to 629.00 per person. I ended up saving 120.00 per person and got a balcony!!! -- This is my second time booking a "guarantee" and would do it every time if the option was available.

Good luck!!

We saved about $200 pp. We were checking prices on the Liberty, N category was $649, then one day they opened a guarantee Z for $459 pp and we booked.

At the end we were assigned to a N cabin, so total savings per person were about $200.

I booked a promanade room on the Freedom (5/15/ sailing) back in October for 749 pp (not including taxes and port fees) -- at the end of December a Balconey Guarantee became available for 729 per person -- WHile I only saved $40.00 (and got a better room) I am also a diamond C&A member so we got to take the balcony discount which brought the room to 629.00 per person. I ended up saving 120.00 per person and got a balcony!!! -- This is my second time booking a "guarantee" and would do it every time if the option was available.

Good luck!!

I booked a guaranteed balcony on this sailing for $729 pp in december and had a crown and anchor discount for $125 per cabin. In a matter of days, the guarantee option was gone and the price was over $1000. If you find a good guarantee price, jump on it, because it won't last long!

Freshofftheboat, I can't find the price of a guarantee off the website:confused:

Thanks for the replies, we have never booked one and were hoping to save a few bucks so the kids can sail with us next year. I don't even see a Promenade for insides on the Adventure. Perhaps I will just call.

$0

They don't offer guarantee cabins (at least not inside through balcony) for 4. They are only available for 2 people. So if you are putting 3 or 4 in a cabin (like us, since there are 3 of us), you are out of luck as far as RCCL is concerned.

If you see one, let me know. It would be nice to be able to do so, since we would love to be able to save some money with that when we don't cae which room we will be in.

$0

They don't offer guarantee cabins (at least not inside through balcony) for 4. They are only available for 2 people. So if you are putting 3 or 4 in a cabin (like us, since there are 3 of us), you are out of luck as far as RCCL is concerned.

If you see one, let me know. It would be nice to be able to do so, since we would love to be able to save some money with that when we don't cae which room we will be in.

i have seen a guarantee that was bookable for 4 people, but i've only seen it maybe two times in a couple years.

Figure this out .. I saw a guarantee yesterday that was actually more than another rate listed for the same room/category. It may have been because of residency or senior discount. :confused::confused::confused:

Ive seen that with my military discount where an E1 was cheaper than the gty rate

Back to the OP...... we have done a suite GTY and saved 300pp over the JS they assigned us

We had a D2 balcony reserved and caught a balcony guarantee for $200pp less. So, I changed my booking and received a $400 OBC. (This was before the new price drop policy) A week or so later, we were assigned a D2 cabin on the same deck and location as my original reservation. Worked out very well indeed.

we just booked a GTY rate for 3, on a Superior Ocean Balcony on Navigator (1/29/11 sailing and booked with 17 days before the sailing, it was only a savings of $50 for the 3 of us.

On Carnival I used GTY rate, and then got the upgrade to the junior suite, which was a massive savings.

Archived