"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Hello everyone. . .We are heading to the warm waters of Labadee. Trym Selvag is the Captain for our voyage and Richard Spacey is the CD.

We left Port Everglades a little late today, while we were waiting for Crown Princess to leave the port. We followed her out with a little rain.

The Sail away activities were a changed a little due to the weather. Many of the activities were moved inside due to the cold and rain. The RCI bar staff were at their post though, even though most outdoor bars had few patrons.

I was invited to a cocktail party up in the Pinnacle Lounge which I thought was very nice. I am part of a group that is having a Seminar at Sea, and we will have some classes tomorrow (early) and on Friday.

I hope to be able to make it to our Meet and Mingle which will be at dazzles at 1030AM. MedicKen (CC Member), and his wife (CruiseLover58) are part of the M&M Group and should be there as well. They are great people, as I have sailed with them many times.

The rain kept many people inside during out departure. I heard many passengers comment that while we had left port 2 hrs ago . . .”Have we left yet ? Is this ship moving ?” The answer is yes. . .and it will continue to move for another 36 hours !

I have a lot of ship to see in just 7 nights !

Here are a few pics from Sailaway, and I am sure that the weather will improve throughout the week (or at least I hope it will). More pics tomorrow !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Our Muster Drill was held in the Comedy Club ? I can bet there will be a few jokes later in the week. . .

S33.JPG

The Aqua theater tries to get the passengers attention during sail away

S34.JPG

We pull away slowly from the Terminal 18

S35.JPG

We pass through the harbour inlet as we leave the port

S41.JPG

The Fort Lauderdale beaches sport a few well wishers. . .

S37.JPG

We leave the lights of Fort Lauderdale behind us for a few days

S39.JPG

Thanks for the Live Report. I have a question. In the picture of your cabin it looks like the TV is opposite the couch. Can you see it from the bed, does it swing away from the wall and turn towards the bed? DW will not be happy if she can't see it, when trying to go to sleep.

Thanks

Awesome thread here, Radio... we are going in the next month, same itinerary, so I can't wait to keep reading, plus any information like compasses, etc. THANK YOU!

silly question... are there still life jackets IN the cabins? (I know you don't need them for the muster drill any more)

Radio:

If you get a chance, could you post a photo of the Park Cafe Breakfast and Lunch Menus. It's right around the corner from our Cabin so hoping to enjoy coffee in Central Park some mornings; and curious to see what they offer to eat for breakfast and what besides the Roast Beef Sandwiches they offer for lunch.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

The AquaTheater is empty, but it will be packed tonight with on of the first shows

S29.JPG

Radio,

Do you have any clue what those windows are above the AquaTheater at the top of left and right hand corners of the picture? Not the AquaTheater Control Rooms but the windows above? I believe they are on Deck 14, but I'm not sure. I've been wondering what they are for a while.

Hi Radio!

Looking forward to your posts as hubby and I will be on Oasis Feb. 5, with the same itinerary as yours. Also it is our first cruise! I would love to see the compasses as others have requested too. This is making me so excited to cruise! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

By the way, it is officially 2 degrees here in NH!

Loving your review so far and looking forward to following it this week! Have they started using the new C&A coupon books yet? If so, anything new or interesting in them or basically the standard stuff?

The same Ultimate Value Coupon Books are being used. I sailed on Enchantment in November 2010 (Diamond +), and they appear to be the similar. The only change I noticed was where ever it says Diamond Plus, it also shows Pinnincle Club (On each coupon)

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Thanks for sharing your adventures on Oasis with us. I have enjoyed all of your previous Live reports and look forward to "sailing with you" again:D DH, Mom and Dad and I will be sailing on Oasis to the Eastern Caribbean this coming Feb. 12th sailing. Can't wait...

Can you tell me if the ship's time and the island times are the same at this time of year? I remember our cruise to the Western Caribbean (different time of year tho) there was an hour difference.

Thanks and have a fantastic cruise!

Mickyliz:D

Radio,

Thanks for sharing your adventures on Oasis with us. I have enjoyed all of your previous Live reports and look forward to "sailing with you" again:D DH, Mom and Dad and I will be sailing on Oasis to the Eastern Caribbean this coming Feb. 12th sailing. Can't wait...

Can you tell me if the ship's time and the island times are the same at this time of year? I remember our cruise to the Western Caribbean (different time of year tho) there was an hour difference.

Thanks and have a fantastic cruise!

Mickyliz:D

They haven't metioned a time change yet, but I will let you know. . .

Thanks for the nice comments.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 2 of my Voyage on Oasis of the Seas. I was happy to receive a Basket of Dried fruits, Gouda Cheeses, and Nuts (along with a bottle of Evian last night. I have been Diamond Plus for several years and have never recived this. It must be part of the New C&A Amenities. . .Thanks RCI !

I visited the Concierge Lounge last night up on Deck 11. The Concierge Lounge was very calm, and quiet. The Concierge stepped out so I was unable to meet him, but there were several waiters that were very friendly. The lounge is very large (pics later), and the views are superb.

I signed up for my Wireless Internet pkg last night up in the Seven hearts Club (Card Room) up on Deck 14, and I am happy with the connection speed (785 kbps) It is not High speed Internet, but I am able post with no worries.

I woke up very early today at about 4:30AM(who could have guessed?) and walked around a bit. I love that the Diamond Lounge is just around the corner from my cabin, and it is very easy to get a nice coffee (open 24hrs) Last year they used the Blaze Nightclub for the nightly Diamond Event, but that event will remain in the Diamond Lounge due to the number of Diamond Members.

My classes start today at 9AM, and I will be unable to post until it finishes. They said it might end by 2PM due to “something” about a Football Game? I will be going to the Oasis of Dream Aqua Show tonight, and the Captains Welcome Aboard reception. Tonight is Formal Night.

The weather will be getting much warmer later today, and I am sure the pool decks will be very busy this afternoon (pics later) I am looking forward to Labadee tomorrow, and am hoping for sunny skies. When I was there in November, the weather was not very good.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .more pics will be up later today.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The Rockin’ Rhythm Nation Parade last night in the Royale Promenade.

S38.JPG

Good Morning, from my friend up on DECK 16

SU12.JPG

The Diamond Club is very close to my cabin (DECK 6)

SU3.JPG

Continental Breakfast is served here from 7-10AM, while drinks and hors d’oeuvres are served nightly from 5-8:30

SU6.JPG

The Royale Promenade is very quiet. . .for now

SU7.JPG

Seven Hearts Club (DECK 14)

SU15.JPG

Hi Radio!

Looking forward to your posts as hubby and I will be on Oasis Feb. 5, with the same itinerary as yours. Also it is our first cruise! I would love to see the compasses as others have requested too. This is making me so excited to cruise! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

By the way, it is officially 2 degrees here in NH!

2 Degrees. . .Brrrrr. That is very cold ! I will post all Compasses when I return. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Do you have any clue what those windows are above the AquaTheater at the top of left and right hand corners of the picture? Not the AquaTheater Control Rooms but the windows above? I believe they are on Deck 14, but I'm not sure. I've been wondering what they are for a while.

Hmmm. . . I have thought about that myself. I will try to ask around.

Good question !

Radio

;);)

I wanted to post a few more pics from this morning. . . I went up to the Solarium before Breakfast, and I was happy to see that the sun is coming up strong. . .

Radio

;);)

Ahhh. . . My favorite spot on the ship

SU19.JPG

The loungers are empty now, but not for long. . .

SU17.JPG

All of the pools and spas are fresh water. . .Nice !

SU20.JPG

It looks like today will be a very sunny day.. .

SU18.JPG

I wanted to post a few more pics from this morning. . . I went up to the Solarium before Breakfast, and I was happy to see that the sun is coming up strong. . .

Radio

;)

Ahhh. . . My favorite spot on the ship

SU19.JPG

The loungers are empty now, but not for long. . .

SU17.JPG

All of the pools and spas are fresh water. . .Nice !

SU20.JPG

It looks like today will be a very sunny day.. .

SU18.JPG

We also enjoyed this area spent many afternoons & evenings up there. Nice quiet place to hang out after dinner:)

Radio,

You and I like to take our pictures at the same time of the day. I love getting up early and the ship seeming to be almost empty. If I were not up and walking around by 5AM I would feel as if I had wasted a morning. I am sitting here and I can feel myself on the ship walking around. Your picture of Oasis with Ft. Lauderdale disappearing into the background is one of my favorites. I always get a certain feeling, that is hard to describe, as we head out to sea and the world disappears for a few days.

Thanks for doing this.

Radio thanks for getting up pre-dawn to take pics. It really is the best time for crowdless pics.;) I can already tell that the solarium will be my favorite spot for relaxing! Your pics of it are simply breathtaking!

Do you know what night the Quest & Love/Marriage will be?

ENJOY YOUR DAY @ SEA!!:)

Radio, I am thoroughly enjoying your "LIVE" post and all of your wonderful photos. You do an amazing job with the photos. I am also hoping that you have wonderful weather for your day in Labadee tomorrow. It's one of my favorite ports of call and I am already anticipating all the photos you will post of your time there. Enjoy your day at sea and thanks for taking us along.:D

Archived