Terrace Pool Question

CruiseAdict218

I didn't understand that response either.

The Spa pool is adults only. I don't recall whether there is a minimum age listed on the "adults only" sign. However, it's very quiet back there. I don't think kids would find it a fun place. I've been to that pool on 5 cruises and have never seen a problem with kids. I'm sure others have different experiences in that regard, but I haven't noticed a problem.

On our last CB cruise, there was a problem with kids/families using the terrace pool. The crew did nothing about it...they even told us that the signs were wrong and that the pool was opened to everyone! Eventually some of the adults who has enough of the kids jumping into the pool confronted the families, and pointed out the signs to them, and the families left and it wasn't a problem for the rest of the cruise.

Another problem with the terrace pool on that cruise is adults moving the loungers into the walkways and blocking the staircases, making it very hazardous to walk around the area.

Many of us wrote on our cruise comment card that the terrace pool needs a deck attendant present to address and prevent these situations.

On our last CB cruise, there was a problem with kids/families using the terrace pool. The crew did nothing about it...they even told us that the signs were wrong and that the pool was opened to everyone! Eventually some of the adults who has enough of the kids jumping into the pool confronted the families, and pointed out the signs to them, and the families left and it wasn't a problem for the rest of the cruise.

Another problem with the terrace pool on that cruise is adults moving the loungers into the walkways and blocking the staircases, making it very hazardous to walk around the area.

Many of us wrote on our cruise comment card that the terrace pool needs a deck attendant present to address and prevent these situations.

Exact same experience with my Emerald cruise. There were kids in the terrace pool right after embarkation and sailaway, I pointed out to the parents that the terrace pool was adults only and they left.

The same with the people moving the loungers into the walkway which is clearly marked.

Another problem was people dumping their bags full of junk, books and shoes next to their loungers (that were already blocking the walkway), next to their loungers instead of placing the junk under the loungers, making you have to step over the junk while squeezing between the loungers.

Jim

the terrace pool on Emerald and Crown was adult only. However, on the Grand last August they had changed it round and the terrace pool was for families. The covered pool in the middle was adult only, as was the Spa pool, beside the Sanctuary.

Yikes - this is scaring me. :eek: I'm booking close to that (Terrace) pool for exactly the reason that it is adults only and will be convenient. I can read my book or snooze in the sun in peace and quiet. This will be on Emerald in Feb 2012. Are you all saying this is no longer an adult only pool? If so, then which pool IS the adult only pool as I would want to change my booking for proximity to that area.

Thanks for any help on this issue. :)

I thought that JUMPING IN was forbidden at all pools.

Jumping and diving are forbidden. But try telling that to a kid. On our first Princess cruise, we loved the Terrace Pool. They closed it one afternoon to get ready for Island Night. We ended up in one of the middle pools. The kids were jumping into the water. One almost landed on me. The parents were oblivious.

Fortunately, did 30 days across the Pacific on Star in 2009 and had no problems with the Terrace Pool. Also did a 21 day repo on Coral in 2006 with no concerns

Located aft of the Horizon Court and adjacent to the Outrigger Bar one deck up, it was an absolutely great place to relax and read a book while enjoying the best of shade and sun thanks to the "shopping cart handle" of Skywalkers above.

Perhaps the lack of "lil darlings" could be attributed to the time and length of these cruises. I would have no problem addressing any issue to parents who fail to control the behavior of their children.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived