Love RCCL new Crown and Anchor rewards!

koterry

Have been nervously awaiting the new tiers and benefits with the C&A program. and now that I have been through the website am thrilled with the way Royal Caribbean has made the changes! Very fair and actually better overall IMHO. Nice job Alan and the gang. More loyal now than ever, exciting times! Will see you on Allure for a B2B in 37 days, can't wait!:)

I'm one of those Florida 3 and 4 night cruisers either on the Sovereign or Monarch (sometimes in JSs).

Not to stir up BPs but my points are a whole lot more than they would be under the new system.

I know cruisers from the USA get points (credits previously) for 3 and 4 night short trips, does this apply to everyone in the C & A Society including Europe does anyone know ? tried to find the answer on the RCI site but no luck so far!!

I'm one of those Florida 3 and 4 night cruisers either on the Sovereign or Monarch (sometimes in JSs).

Not to stir up BPs but my points are a whole lot more than they would be under the new system.

I'm sure that is why they did it. To level the playing field between the "short" and the "long" cruisers. The way I see it if you are a 3-4 night cruiser you lose quite a bit because it increases the requirements to reach the next level. If you are a 7 nighter (like I am) its a wash.

I know cruisers from the USA get points (credits previously) for 3 and 4 night short trips, does this apply to everyone in the C & A Society including Europe does anyone know ? tried to find the answer on the RCI site but no luck so far!!

From what I have seen on the boards it will apply to all.

I'm glad it worked out good for some but not for me. Very recently Diamond was attainable. I was booked on a B2B in January 2012 that would have gotten me to Diamond on the old system. I'm glad I canceled now. At least I can make it to platinum on Princess:rolleyes:

I love the new C & A system. It levels the playing field. I live in Florida and like to go on 3/4 day cruises on the Monarch. I will go on 2-3 of those in a typical year. This new point system will not affect my cruise decision in the future. In fact this will make me be more loyal to RCCL. To bad I cant move my HAL credits (13) to RCCL.

The extra amenities they added to D+ are really good for us right now. We are on a family cruise and DH and I can each order two bottles of wine to add to dinners with our family. Even if they charge us a corking fee, it's still a great deal for 4 bottles of wine. (And, the sons can pay the corkage fees, too! ;))

I also expected to just be grandfathered, but to have some extra bennies thrown in the deal is wonderful!

Count me in as a happy camper, too!!

Everyone who sails on Royal Caribbean earns the same way. No difference is made based on ship or passenger.

You can convert your cruise credits (if you know them) to the new cruise points using Theron's handy chart:

As previously reported there is a conversion calculator on the RCCL C&A site.

I know a little bit about web-based calculators... theirs accommodates cruise credits up to 500 :eek: but for practical purposes, here is their official conversion table for 1 through 100 Cruise Credits, which takes you up to the new Pinnacle level:

The format is Old Cruise Credits => New Cruise Points => New Membership Level

1 => 8 => GOLD
2 => 15 => GOLD
3 => 22 => GOLD
4 => 29 => GOLD
5 => 38 => PLATINUM
6 => 45 => PLATINUM
7 => 52 => PLATINUM
8 => 69 => EMERALD
9 => 76 => EMERALD
10 => 83 => DIAMOND
11 => 90 => DIAMOND
12 => 97 => DIAMOND
13 => 104 => DIAMOND
14 => 111 => DIAMOND
15 => 118 => DIAMOND
16 => 125 => DIAMOND
17 => 132 => DIAMOND
18 => 139 => DIAMOND
19 => 146 => DIAMOND
20 => 153 => DIAMOND
21 => 160 => DIAMOND
22 => 167 => DIAMOND
23 => 174 => DIAMOND
24 => 181 => DIAMOND PLUS
25 => 188 => DIAMOND PLUS
26 => 195 => DIAMOND PLUS
27 => 202 => DIAMOND PLUS
28 => 209 => DIAMOND PLUS
29 => 216 => DIAMOND PLUS
30 => 223 => DIAMOND PLUS
31 => 230 => DIAMOND PLUS
32 => 237 => DIAMOND PLUS
33 => 244 => DIAMOND PLUS
34 => 251 => DIAMOND PLUS
35 => 258 => DIAMOND PLUS
36 => 265 => DIAMOND PLUS
37 => 272 => DIAMOND PLUS
38 => 279 => DIAMOND PLUS
39 => 286 => DIAMOND PLUS
40 => 293 => DIAMOND PLUS
41 => 300 => DIAMOND PLUS
42 => 307 => DIAMOND PLUS
43 => 314 => DIAMOND PLUS
44 => 321 => DIAMOND PLUS
45 => 328 => DIAMOND PLUS
46 => 335 => DIAMOND PLUS
47 => 342 => DIAMOND PLUS
48 => 349 => DIAMOND PLUS
49 => 356 => DIAMOND PLUS
50 => 363 => DIAMOND PLUS
51 => 370 => DIAMOND PLUS
52 => 377 => DIAMOND PLUS
53 => 384 => DIAMOND PLUS
54 => 391 => DIAMOND PLUS
55 => 398 => DIAMOND PLUS
56 => 405 => DIAMOND PLUS
57 => 412 => DIAMOND PLUS
58 => 419 => DIAMOND PLUS
59 => 426 => DIAMOND PLUS
60 => 433 => DIAMOND PLUS
61 => 440 => DIAMOND PLUS
62 => 447 => DIAMOND PLUS
63 => 454 => DIAMOND PLUS
64 => 461 => DIAMOND PLUS
65 => 468 => DIAMOND PLUS
66 => 475 => DIAMOND PLUS
67 => 482 => DIAMOND PLUS
68 => 489 => DIAMOND PLUS
69 => 496 => DIAMOND PLUS
70 => 503 => DIAMOND PLUS
71 => 510 => DIAMOND PLUS
72 => 517 => DIAMOND PLUS
73 => 524 => DIAMOND PLUS
74 => 531 => DIAMOND PLUS
75 => 538 => DIAMOND PLUS
76 => 545 => DIAMOND PLUS
77 => 552 => DIAMOND PLUS
78 => 559 => DIAMOND PLUS
79 => 566 => DIAMOND PLUS
80 => 573 => DIAMOND PLUS
81 => 580 => DIAMOND PLUS
82 => 587 => DIAMOND PLUS
83 => 594 => DIAMOND PLUS
84 => 601 => DIAMOND PLUS
85 => 608 => DIAMOND PLUS
86 => 615 => DIAMOND PLUS
87 => 622 => DIAMOND PLUS
88 => 629 => DIAMOND PLUS
89 => 636 => DIAMOND PLUS
90 => 643 => DIAMOND PLUS
91 => 650 => DIAMOND PLUS
92 => 657 => DIAMOND PLUS
93 => 664 => DIAMOND PLUS
94 => 671 => DIAMOND PLUS
95 => 678 => DIAMOND PLUS
96 => 685 => DIAMOND PLUS
97 => 692 => DIAMOND PLUS
98 => 699 => DIAMOND PLUS
99 => 706 => PINNACLE
100 => 713 => PINNACLE

Theron

Everyone who sails on Royal Caribbean earns the same way. No difference is made based on ship or passenger.

You can convert your cruise credits (if you know them) to the new cruise points using Theron's handy chart:

There is an automatic converter on the Royal C & A website. You input the number for credits and it instantly converts it to the new points.

There is an automatic converter on the Royal C & A website. You input the number for credits and it instantly converts it to the new points.

Yes, but people in other countries outside of North America often have difficulty using the Royal Caribbean website. Some parts of it are totally unavailable to them.

Hi there - I agree that people in coutries other than the US can't access all the features available to Americans. Apparently Americans can actually see how many points they now have? I am unable to see this information, so can someone help? Our first (RCI) cruise was a 17 night around New Zealand, and our second was a 9 night South Pacific Cruise. So I would presume I now have 26 points? I am booked in 2012 to do a 16 night cruise with them, so that then would take me up to 42 points and Platinum (and therefore Select on Celebrity)? Does that sound right?

Yes, but people in other countries outside of North America often have difficulty using the Royal Caribbean website. Some parts of it are totally unavailable to them.

Ok, got it. You are having quite a night. I can't sleep and am on the boards because of that. You are all over the place here tonight. Are you anticipating an upcoming cruise? I know how exciting that can be. I just got back last week and am in the deciding process of booking the next cruise. I have two land trips coming up in Feb and March and am looking for a cruise in April or May. Interested in the southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Ever sailed that route/itinerary? Any suggestions?

Hi there - I agree that people in coutries other than the US can't access all the features available to Americans. Apparently Americans can actually see how many points they now have? I am unable to see this information, so can someone help? Our first (RCI) cruise was a 17 night around New Zealand, and our second was a 9 night South Pacific Cruise. So I would presume I now have 26 points? I am booked in 2012 to do a 16 night cruise with them, so that then would take me up to 42 points and Platinum (and therefore Select on Celebrity)? Does that sound right?

Yvette, what kinds of cabins did you have on those two cruises? Junior Suites and above get more credit.

If both were in regular cabins, you currently have 22 cruise points. (as per the chart above: 3 cruise credits converted into 22 cruise points) You are Gold.

That is now your starting point.

When you add 16 (again, if you are in a regular cabin), you will have 38 cruise points after your cruise in 2012, which would make you Platinum.

Ok, got it. You are having quite a night. I can't sleep and am on the boards because of that. You are all over the place here tonight. Are you anticipating an upcoming cruise? I know how exciting that can be. I just got back last week and am in the deciding process of booking the next cruise. I have two land trips coming up in Feb and March and am looking for a cruise in April or May. Interested in the southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Ever sailed that route/itinerary? Any suggestions?

Just trying to be helpful. :)

I have not done a "pure" Southern Caribbean cruise, but we hit some of those ports on our way from Florida to California on the Mariner of the Seas around South America in 2009. I loved Barbados and St. Kitts, which were the two new Caribbean ports that we visited.

If you are travelling with only adults, I recommend the Serenade. She is a beautiful ship. (not that there is anything wrong with the Adventure!)

My family is doing our first "Eurocruise" - my kids' name - this April, and we can't wait. Independence of the Seas out of Southampton.

Yvette, what kinds of cabins did you have on those two cruises? Junior Suites and above get more credit.

If both were in regular cabins, you currently have 22 cruise points. (as per the chart above: 3 cruise credits converted into 22 cruise points) You are Gold.

That is now your starting point.

When you add 16 (again, if you are in a regular cabin), you will have 38 cruise points after your cruise in 2012, which would make you Platinum.

Yes, they were regular cabins, not suites. A bit sad about my missing 4 points though! Oh well, not much to complain about when you are able to cruise!! Thanks for your help!

I have not done a "pure" Southern Caribbean cruise, but we hit some of those ports on our way from Florida to California on the Mariner of the Seas around South America in 2009. I loved Barbados and St. Kitts, which were the two new Caribbean ports that we visited.

If you are travelling with only adults, I recommend the Serenade. She is a beautiful ship. (not that there is anything wrong with the Adventure!)

My family is doing our first "Eurocruise" - my kids' name - this April, and we can't wait. Independence of the Seas out of Southampton.[/q

My family is doing our first "Eurocruise" - my kids' name - this April, and we can't wait. Independence of the Seas out of Southampton.

Funny you mention the Serenade as your fav for couples as me and DH sailed her in Alaska some years back. LOVED that ship. The Adventure is a Voyager Class, right?

We will be sailing this one with just the two of us, kids are in college then, so Serenade suits us best. The kids...of course they like the newer bigger class of ships. I am just looking forward to some new Caribbean ports. The eastern/western ones we have done so often.

Figure airfare will hit us to PR but cruising in April/May the prices aren't bad for the cruise itself.

Thanks for the insight and enjoy your "Eurocruise" with your kids. I have sailed the Freedom and Liberty but not the Indepence yet. But I have sailed out of the UK with mostly British passengers and it is fun!

The extra amenities they added to D+ are really good for us right now. We are on a family cruise and DH and I can each order two bottles of wine to add to dinners with our family. Even if they charge us a corking fee, it's still a great deal for 4 bottles of wine. (And, the sons can pay the corkage fees, too! ;))

I also expected to just be grandfathered, but to have some extra bennies thrown in the deal is wonderful!

Count me in as a happy camper, too!!

Are you saying they are no longer limiting the D+ personalized amenity to one per household? That would be a significant change, and if that's true, I certainly missed it.

Bob

I'm sure that is why they did it. To level the playing field between the "short" and the "long" cruisers. The way I see it if you are a 3-4 night cruiser you lose quite a bit because it increases the requirements to reach the next level. If you are a 7 nighter (like I am) its a wash.
I see it the same way Finbar.:)