Oasis/Allure Summer Prices - How Likely Is It They Will Lower?

I'm thinking of booking Allure for this summer but i think the pricies are just too high right now. Does anyone recall what the prices did last summer with Oasis? Would they typically come down as we get a little closer?

We did Oasis last May because it was less expensive and found that was a great time to cruise. However, this year my son has started Kindergarten and I prefer not to pull him out for a week but will definitely consider it if the summer prices remain so high.

Any Thoughts?

You might find the best prices after final. They seem to keep the summer prices high, as that is their most popular season. If you can get decent airfare I would wait, if you can't the airfare might negate your cruise fare savings.

Personally, I feel that both of these ships are priced way too high for summer sailings.

ps I have noticed that Boardwalk and Central Park balconies seem to be discounted the most. Posters have reported a lot of upgrading on the suite categories; I think they are trying to keep those prices high regardless.

I'm thinking of booking Allure for this summer but i think the pricies are just too high right now. Does anyone recall what the prices did last summer with Oasis? Would they typically come down as we get a little closer?

We did Oasis last May because it was less expensive and found that was a great time to cruise. However, this year my son has started Kindergarten and I prefer not to pull him out for a week but will definitely consider it if the summer prices remain so high.

Any Thoughts?

On what date does he begin kindergarten?

The August 21 sailing has lower fares than the earlier August sailings, and the August 28 sailing is lower still. And still ends before Labor Day.

I was thinking that after final they would come down a bit. I did already check the airfare and found that it is higher during the summer months so the decrease in cruise far would be negated by airfare. Of course, the airfare could come down also, but I'm not betting on that.

The other thing that I'm a little unsure of about waiting until after final is that since there are 4 of us we either want a room that has a pullman or connecting rooms, both of which are not always that readily available, we may be out of luck. We could make do with a regular balcony with a sofabed but that isn't the preference. Ahh, the decisions that need to be made;)

On what date does he begin kindergarten?

The August 21 sailing has lower fares than the earlier August sailings, and the August 28 sailing is lower still. And still ends before Labor Day.

I should have stated my post better. HE actually will be ending Kindergarten in mid June and then starting up again on 8/31. I saw the August 21 sailing was lower and may consider that. My only concern there though is that is definitely in the hurricane season, and I would hate to have it rain potentially for most of the cruise, but I don't know what the chances are of that....

I should have stated my post better. HE actually will be ending Kindergarten in mid June and then starting up again on 8/31. I saw the August 21 sailing was lower and may consider that. My only concern there though is that is definitely in the hurricane season, and I would hate to have it rain potentially for most of the cruise, but I don't know what the chances are of that....

It's a big ocean, and hurricanes typically don't sneak up on you. In my experience, and that of friends and family who typically cruise during hurricane season, ships usually do a great job of sailing out of the way of the weather. We were literally dodging a hurricane on my last cruise, and had rain for one evening and overnight, then we were clear of the weather. I would not expect rain every day.

Definitely.

Last summer, Hurricane Earl diverted my Oasis cruise.

We experienced none of the bad weather.

We are booked on the July 10 Allure sailing. Yesterday, the price for a D1 cabin just went up $50 pp and a Junior Suite went up $200 pp.:eek: I guess that may mean that the cruise is selling well and they can increase the prices because of the demand. We're still hoping that the prices will drop though.

Summer is prime family time so I wouldn't be surprised to see the prices keep rising. And if you are after specific cabins, that only complicates things. Some might think they are overpriced, but I think BMW's are overpriced too, only because I can't afford them. Obviously other people can afford them, which is why they are priced like they are.

We booked a Carnival cruise out of Baltimore in summer 2009, and the prices went up a couple hundred dollars per person until it sold out. Also, in regards to flights, never mind the prices going up, the prime flights can sell out. A lot of airlines reduce Florida flights in summer, so if you wait too late, not only can you pay more to get there, you may also have some oddball times, or connections as well.

Some might think they are overpriced, but I think BMW's are overpriced too, only because I can't afford them. Obviously other people can afford them, which is why they are priced like they are.

Lots of people buy stuff they can't afford. It is really not an indication of good value.

On the other hand, I can afford these ships, but I just think they are priced too darn high. Good for others if they feel they are getting their money's worth: I wouldn't.

We sailed early August 2010 after a price drop about 5 weeks before sailing. We were kinda at the mercy of the airlines for airfare being so close to the date, but it worked out. It was an awesome cruise - lots of kids on board, but we had lots of fun! Looking forward to the Allure this year.

Archived