Quebec embarkation pier

Astro Flyer

I've searched for info on this forum, Canada & our roll call but haven't been able to find any good info about the Quebec pier embarkation experience.

Princess says that embarkation begins at 1:00PM & I would guess that time is like other embarkation times when we get onboard much sooner. I've read that it's not a large facility & does anyone know if they have priority check-in lines? Can we expect a crowded exerience with lots of long lines?

If anyone has any experiences to share, we'd appreciate hearing them...thanks! :)

We embarked at Quebec this past October for a Holland America cruise on the Eurodam. We left our Hotel alittle before noon by cab, and were at the port, probably in less than 10 minutes. Our cab had to get in line to drop us off. I'm guessing it probably took us close to an hour (once we got out of the cab) until we actually set foot on the ship. We waited outside about 20 minutes, then we were let inside in groups, sat down in a group in at least 2 different places.

We felt like the pier wasn't large enough for the ship the size of the Crown as it was very crowded and didn't seem organized at all.

We arrived early (around 11:30) and the place was packed (plus it was very cold out as it had snowed many inches the day before). We would arrive later (after 2 pm) if we did this cruise again.

We embarked at Quebec this past October for a Holland America cruise on the Eurodam. We left our Hotel alittle before noon by cab, and were at the port, probably in less than 10 minutes. Our cab had to get in line to drop us off. I'm guessing it probably took us close to an hour (once we got out of the cab) until we actually set foot on the ship. We waited outside about 20 minutes, then we were let inside in groups, sat down in a group in at least 2 different places.

We felt like the pier wasn't large enough for the ship the size of the Crown as it was very crowded and didn't seem organized at all.

We arrived early (around 11:30) and the place was packed (plus it was very cold out as it had snowed many inches the day before). We would arrive later (after 2 pm) if we did this cruise again.

Thank you very much for your helpful info & we'll store our bags at the hotel & continue to tour the town after checkout time. It sounds like the pier's facilities are woefully inadequate for over 3,000 passengers. My military service taught me to avoid lines whenever possible, so we'll follow your recommendation to arrive later. Even with priority boarding it appears to be chaos, so maybe it's not worth it for this embarkation & we'll have to take our chances getting some of those things onboard that require reservations ASAP. :(

Thanks again! :D

Thank you very much for your helpful info & we'll store our bags at the hotel & continue to tour the town after checkout time. It sounds like the pier's facilities are woefully inadequate for over 3,000 passengers. My military service taught me to avoid lines whenever possible, so we'll follow your recommendation to arrive later. Even with priority boarding it appears to be chaos, so maybe it's not worth it for this embarkation & we'll have to take our chances getting some of those things onboard that require reservations ASAP. :(

Thanks again! :D

We did Crown out of QC in late Sept 2010. We did a walking tour that morning that ended up near the pier so we checked in, made reservations for Crown Grill and Chef's Table, had lunch and then took the funicular back to Upper Town to buy some wine, get our bags from the hotel and have a taxi deliver us to the ship about 3p. There is priority checkin but you have to ask as you get off the escalator as it's tucked around the corner. Most people couldn't see it so they just waited in the long general line. Worked out quite well.

btw, thanks for all your great tips for Golden and our upcoming Hawaii cruise in Sept.

Pam

We did Crown out of QC in late Sept 2010. We did a walking tour that morning that ended up near the pier so we checked in, made reservations for Crown Grill and Chef's Table, had lunch and then took the funicular back to Upper Town to buy some wine, get our bags from the hotel and have a taxi deliver us to the ship about 3p. There is priority checkin but you have to ask as you get off the escalator as it's tucked around the corner. Most people couldn't see it so they just waited in the long general line. Worked out quite well.

btw, thanks for all your great tips for Golden and our upcoming Hawaii cruise in Sept.

Pam

Thanks for sharing your experiences & just a couple of questions:

• What time did you check-in without your bags?
  • Would it take any longer if you brought your bags at the same time?

We walk a lot & our hotel is half a mile from the pier & wondering if it would be wise to walk with our bags over uneven sidewalks such as coble stone. We're 4 for 4 with Chef's Table by arriving early & hope to continue our luck.

Glad to hear the Hawaii info was helpful & email me if you have any other questions. I wrote a review (1st time) & maybe some of it will help you also.

Thanks for sharing your experiences & just a couple of questions:

• What time did you check-in without your bags?
  • Would it take any longer if you brought your bags at the same time?

We walk a lot & our hotel is half a mile from the pier & wondering if it would be wise to walk with our bags over uneven sidewalks such as coble stone. We're 4 for 4 with Chef's Table by arriving early & hope to continue our luck.

Glad to hear the Hawaii info was helpful & email me if you have any other questions. I wrote a review (1st time) & maybe some of it will help you also.

We checked in about 12:30 and it probably wouldn't have taken any longer if we had checked our bags at the same time.... it just worked out better for us as we wanted to get onboard to sign up for the Chef's Table before we came back after doing our afternoon errands.

Great review of the Golden/Hawaii cruise - can't wait until September for that one!

Archived