Tipping?

dmm30

Stupid questions probably but don't want to be embarassed when I get on board :o .... on Med cruises, do you tip in dollars or euros? For room service, how much would you tip?

Many thanks in advance for answers.

You have not specified which cruise line you are sailing with but am assuming Grand Princess from your signature. Many cruise lines including Princess now add a daily 'service charge' automatically to your on board account which covers all the tips you need to give. This has been a god send for me as I hated handing over envelopes and was also disgusted by how many people failed to turn up for dinner on the last night of some of our cruises so that they didn't need to tip their wait staff. If you do need to give tips personally, I am sure $ or Euros would be acceptable but, if the ship sails mainly to EU countries than Euros will be more useful.

We generally tip $2 or E1 or E2 depending on how much is being carried.

Have a great cruise. P.s. We loved Grand Princess.

You have not specified which cruise line you are sailing with but am assuming Grand Princess from your signature. Many cruise lines including Princess now add a daily 'service charge' automatically to your on board account which covers all the tips you need to give. This has been a god send for me as I hated handing over envelopes and was also disgusted by how many people failed to turn up for dinner on the last night of some of our cruises so that they didn't need to tip their wait staff. If you do need to give tips personally, I am sure $ or Euros would be acceptable but, if the ship sails mainly to EU countries than Euros will be more useful.

We generally tip $2 or E1 or E2 depending on how much is being carried.

Have a great cruise. P.s. We loved Grand Princess.

Thank you, that's really helpful. Yes it's Grand Princess - we can't wait! I know some people take the automatic tipping off but I am happier with leaving it on as I never know how much to give - just wasn't sure re: room service.

Archived