Grand Princess Mini-suite Bed Comfort

Hal&Rob

I imagine the beds are pretty much the same all over the ship. We were on the Grand last October but since we were in a full suite I shouldn't really compare, but they were fine.

Bed comfort is a subjective thing. What I like and what you like are possibly total polar opposites.

Only once did I have a real problem with beds. That was on the old Regal Princess way back in 2001. The bed was so concave that you had trouble getting out of it. I ended up sleeping on the frame between the two pushed together beds crowding my poor husband. One morning I had to lay down on the floor to straighten out my back.

I imagine the beds are pretty much the same all over the ship. We were on the Grand last October but since we were in a full suite I shouldn't really compare, but they were fine.

Bed comfort is a subjective thing. What I like and what you like are possibly total polar opposites.

Only once did I have a real problem with beds. That was on the old Regal Princess way back in 2001. The bed was so concave that you had trouble getting out of it. I ended up sleeping on the frame between the two pushed together beds crowding my poor husband. One morning I had to lay down on the floor to straighten out my back.

We just got off the Grand recently and as you say some of the mattresses are so concave they're impossible to sleep on without getting a back ache. I can put up with either a very hard one or very soft one but not something like a hammock that even an egg create didn't help much.

I have never had a problem with the beds on Princess ships since I like a firm mattress. In the minisuites they are just the same as anywhere else on the ship. My problem was with the pillows. I can't use feather and the foam pillows they brought were hard as rocks or so soft that they got flatter than a feather pillow does. I always have to request several pillows extra. If you find the bed too hard you can request an egg-crate be put on the bed by the cabin steward. They replaced all mattresses on board within the past two years.

I heard one story about someone getting serving trays from the buffet and putting them under the mattress to even out the concave thingy. But they don't even have trays any more so this is probably a totally useless post. :o

I heard one story about someone getting serving trays from the buffet and putting them under the mattress to even out the concave thingy. But they don't even have trays any more so this is probably a totally useless post. :o
Room service has trays. :) Ask for a second one. Also, I know I've seen lightweight, folding supports for sagging chairs or couches advertised in catelogs. I bet those would work just as well.

Just looked it up: http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?TID=_MilesKimball&CID=MKHomeandPets&SCID=MKImprovementsandCleaning&TCID=MKMaintenance&CollectionID=DC0001318&SourceCode=10509000001&mr:trackingCode=B41175E3-DD81-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

Going on Grand the end of February. How comfortable are the beds in the mini-suites (Dolphin)?

We disembarked last Monday and the mattresses were like sleeping on a piece of cement.Even with an egg crate,I woke up every morning in pain.We have 1 more cruise on Grand and then we will probably go to HAL where the beds have been described as heavenly!

How do you request the egg crates? I looked on the Cruise Personalizer but couldn't find any info?

You can either fax a request, or just ask your room steward when you board the ship. Faxing doesn't guarantee you will have one there when you board, and many times you have to ask the room steward anyway.

Archived