soda/water in carry on?

if i put soda and water into my backpack and carry on, will the workers at the scanner take it?

They will probably check every single bottle to be sure that it does not contain alcohol.

Otherwise, they are likely to allow you to carry it on.

They may or may not. Enforcement seems to be inconsistent.

Exprienced cruisers just take a water filter, instead of trying to lug water aboard. You'll see the newbies trying to drag cases of water with them to the WJ for lunch while they wait for their cabins to open up. Filters are much easier to carry, and make better tasting water than bottled.

Bottled water is not a 'beverage'.

I called RCI and asked about carrying bottled water on the

Navigator last week. Person there said one (1) bottle of water

each person.

I put two large bottled waters in my back pack and

also an empty water bottle with a flip cap to refill during

the 5 days.

Nothing was ever said about them.

I don't drink soda so didn't attempt it.

I have made extra copies of my luggage tags and taped them to a case of water and 12 packs of soda. Checked them out in the open with our luggage. They were delivered right to our room with our luggage. Did this the last two years on the Explorer. Did something change?

They may or may not. Enforcement seems to be inconsistent.

Exprienced cruisers just take a water filter, instead of trying to lug water aboard. You'll see the newbies trying to drag cases of water with them to the WJ for lunch while they wait for their cabins to open up. Filters are much easier to carry, and make better tasting water than bottled.

What kind of water filter are people taking? Not those big Brita pitchers? Or are they? I would probably opt to just buy water as needed if that's the case, but if there's some sort of new, small filter, I am interested in finding out more about it. Thanks!

I have made extra copies of my luggage tags and taped them to a case of water and 12 packs of soda. Checked them out in the open with our luggage. They were delivered right to our room with our luggage. Did this the last two years on the Explorer. Did something change?

I planned to do this as well next month on Freedom. Is there some reason I shouldn't?

Archived