PBS Special Panama Canal

aneka

PBS is running a special program on the Panama Canal tonight Monday 1/24/11 from 800PM to 930PM CST in our area. Check your local listings, it might be running in your area as well.

PBS is running a special program on the Panama Canal tonight Monday 1/24/11 from 800PM to 930PM CST in our area. Check your local listings, it might be running in your area as well.

Thanks for the info. Set it to record and will wathch it later. Thanks for the info. Plays at 8:00pm PST

My husband and I watched it tonight and it was fabulous. He didn't want to do the excursion that takes you all the way through to the Pacific Ocean. (We are on the Coral Princess, partial transit, sailing Mar. 25). Now, he is psyched to do the WHOLE thing!

DH and I watched it too and loved it! There were so many things we were unaware of! We have a full transit on Coral planned for April and plan on getting more videos from the library to learn more about this fascinating place!

In case the library comes up short, I made these from my transit

Hopefully that PBS documentary will be shown in the UK one day as I'd love to see it.

All the best, Tony

Thanks for the kudos!:D I thought it was a great program. We are doing a full transit in March. I like researching and learning about places before I travel. I find it enriches the travel. I have read the Path between the Seas, and just finished Panama Fever. I also have Richard Detrich's Your Day in the Panama Canal. I feel I will be well prepared to appreciate the wonder of the Canal. Glad so many people got to see the program!

Annette

The PBS program was very informative. So glad that I watched the program. Will be doing full transit on the Island Princess in March. I also planned on reading the Path Between the Seas as suggested here on CC. Thinking about Detrich's book as well. Came across Panama Fever as well at my online bookstore. Saw above post that this is a good read as well. I'm so inundated with good suggestions on reading materials, hope I can get to it all before my cruise.

If you would like something that will only take about an hour of your time, it's a video hosted by David McCullough entitled A Man, A Plan, A Canal, Panama, lots of archival footage. Originally aired on PBS as well and was available at Amazon the last time I checked. They may even show on the ship's TV sytem too.

If you would like something that will only take about an hour of your time, it's a video hosted by David McCullough entitled A Man, A Plan, A Canal, Panama, lots of archival footage. Originally aired on PBS as well and was available at Amazon the last time I checked. They may even show on the ship's TV sytem too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look for the video.

Archived