Pre Reservations in Steakhouse

golfusaofcs

I can't answer to the Freedom, but I put in reservation last week for our cruise this week on the Dream and what I wanted was filled up. If you are wanting a specific day or time I would say pre reserve. If you are completely flexible, i would think they could get you in somewhere.

I requested my reservation about a month ago and I sail in 12 days. I received a confirmation on my date & time. I didn't want to take any chances. I wanted to make sure that I could get in on a night when there was no formal nights and it worked around my schedule.

It's always a good idea to book it early rather than to risk disappointment....unless you are Platinum - which guarantees your desired dinng time.

If you go early, you might be alright..but, keep in mind the dining times and that as the evening progresses, the restaurant starts filling up.

Look at it this way. You can cancel your reservation easily should you make the decision...but you can't unring a bell. If the room is filled, there is nothing you can do about it.

I signed up online for the second elegant night at 6 pm, a couple weeks before the cruise, and got a confirmation quickly.

The evening before the reservation we got a confirmation card delivered to our cabin. It was a good time to go as the place was not very crowded, but got more so as time went on.

It was a very good experience!

I was turned down on a request for August I sent in this week:

Dear Mr. Clark,

Thank you for choosing The Point Steakhouse for your dining.

Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm your request for 5 Guests at 7.00 PM on August 11th ,2011.

However, we can accommodate you on any other day during the cruise.

If either of these suggested time/day is acceptable, please confirm at cqsteakhouse@carnival.com so we can finalize your reservation.

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess

I like the line "If either of these suggested time/day is acceptable, please confirm." They didn't give an option other than try any other day... :rolleyes:

We are confirmed for at least one other night so that is fine.

My advice would always be to reserve before your cruise. If for some reason you change your mind once you board you can always call the steakhouse and cancel your reservations. I would just cancel at least 48 hours out to be polite. Somebody will fill your spot so it doesn't hurt anything to set it up ahead of time.

Archived