Wine/Beer delivered to cabins on P&O

Dizziedi

I have just been informed by a P&O staff member that they will not deliver wine/beer (or any alcohol) to your cabin because of safety reasons:confused::confused:

As I am :mad::mad::mad: could someone who cruises P&O kindly let me know if this is true.

Cheers

Di

I have just been informed by a P&O staff member that they will not deliver wine/beer (or any alcohol) to your cabin because of safety reasons:confused::confused:

As I am :mad::mad::mad: could someone who cruises P&O kindly let me know if this is true.

Cheers

Di

That's correct. It has been their policy for quite awhile... At least since 2004 anyway when I first started cruising with them.

Easy fixed....buy it at the bar and bring it back to your cabin :D

It had something to do with the changes they made after the 2002 event

Thanks Deb I appreciate your info - we will do that BUT - I can't believe we are paying $10K for this cruise and we can't even get grog delivered to our mini-suite which appears to be quite inferior to Princess, Royal Carribean, etc. A first and last on P&O. I'd like someone (at P&O) to point out where P&O state that this is the case in any of their printed literature (in fact I may take that further). Why in God's name would we willingly pay for a suite with a balcony if we can't sit there and have a drink on it?:confused:

Cheers

Di

You can have a drink on the balcony, just have to buy it at the bar.

The policy is here: http://www.pocruises.com.au/AlreadyBooked/CruiseHandbook/Pages/TakingAlcoholonBoard.aspx

By the way, it's also the same (in fact, more restrictive) policy on Royal Caribbean - no alcohol permitted to be taken on board.

You can have a drink on the balcony, just have to buy it at the bar.

The policy is here: http://www.pocruises.com.au/AlreadyBooked/CruiseHandbook/Pages/TakingAlcoholonBoard.aspx

By the way, it's also the same (in fact, more restrictive) policy on Royal Caribbean - no alcohol permitted to be taken on board.

I don't think the orignal poster is talking about not being able to take alcohol on board, her concern is not being able to get alcohol served to her cabin (suite) by room service.

I have a celebration package booked for our next cruise and have been told 'I'll get a voucher (for the alcohol part) so we then collect it at a bar or dining room and it wont be delivered to our room with the rest of the package.'

Thanks everyone,

As far as not taking wine on board that is well known to us with both P&O and Royal Carribean but to not deliver alcohol to the room is very disappointing to say the least.

I guess I will be the one turning up to the restaurant with a shopping bag, buying two bottles of wine, one for dinner and one for the bag:D.

Well better be off, more sulking about P&O to do:D and

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY !!!!

Cheers

Di

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Pacific Pearl's Comedy cruise and were unable to buy any bottles of wine at the bars. They only sold it at the Waterfront. Claiming it is part of their responsible service of alcohol. We could however buy glasses of alcohol and walk around the ship with it.

Last year on the Pacific Dawn, we were able to buy wine by the bottle at the buffet.

Hi everyone -

I have finally had some sort of sense out of P&O - after speaking to 3 different people.

First one said that I couldn't get alcohol by room service and couldn't buy a wine package to have delivered to the room.

Second person said couldn't get alcohol by room service (although a mini-suite could be different) but I could definitely organise a wine package to be delivered to the room. I then ordered champagne for sailaway and 3 bottles of wine. I was told that I could get wine and beer at the bar and take it back to the room - that was from a Team Leader.

As I realised it was our anniversary on the 18th (and a full moon:D), I rang back to order more champagne and wine to be delivered on the 18th. It was at that point I was told that as we were in a mini-suite we COULD get alcohol by room service:):)! As I wasn't happy with the champagne available by package, I decided to take my chances with the availability on board which apparently is different to what you can order (and pay for) pre-cruise.

Hope that helps anyone else out there but P&O really need to train their staff.

Cheers,

Di

PS: John, hi, on the Pearl with this one, B2B Rhapsody coming up for the rugby world cup and then Celebrity Century up to Honolulu March '12. Jen and Brian are on the Sun Princess right now and loving it! I'm sure they'll call you when they get back and we're hopeful they'll join us on the Celebrity Century - are you and Eileen in?

If all else fails pack some fine Spirits in the appropriate container and take it in your suitcase.

Alcohol is not an illegal product and it is only a Cruise rule similar to Cinemas saying you can not bring food in, you have to pay 5 times the price for the same deal from us.

Hi Di and Tony, look forward to your comments re Pacific Pearl. What is your itinerary?

Have a champers for me.

Hi John. The cruise is much the same as the one we did with you and Eileen. It leaves out Lifou but takes in Mystery Island and Isle of Pines. Sadly, it also leaves out the sailaway parties on our balcony:(

I will certainly review the Pearl.

Cheers

Di & Tony

Hi John. The cruise is much the same as the one we did with you and Eileen. It leaves out Lifou but takes in Mystery Island and Isle of Pines. Sadly, it also leaves out the sailaway parties on our balcony:(

I will certainly review the Pearl.

Cheers

Di & Tony

Have a good cruise Di. Glad all sorted out! Can't wait to hear your opinion of the ship! Cheryle:)

• 2 months later...

This is strange as the Cruise handbook http://www.pocruises.com.au/AlreadyBooked/CruiseHandbook/Pages/TakingAlcoholonBoard.aspx

Clearly say NO

But the FAQs from P&O

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/alcohol?id=IIQRN0GOLKVFUG9NB7A1TQEDKO&rating=5#rater

Seems to indicate that you can. I think the hand book reference is with regard tax free whilst the FAQ is referring to what you "bring form home"

So you should be able to have some in the cabin to enjoy on your balcony.:):):)

This is strange as the Cruise handbook http://www.pocruises.com.au/AlreadyBooked/CruiseHandbook/Pages/TakingAlcoholonBoard.aspx

Clearly say NO

But the FAQs from P&O

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/alcohol?id=IIQRN0GOLKVFUG9NB7A1TQEDKO&rating=5#rater

Seems to indicate that you can. I think the hand book reference is with regard tax free whilst the FAQ is referring to what you "bring form home"

So you should be able to have some in the cabin to enjoy on your balcony.:):):)

Hi Dpretieree, the reason for the difference for the two pieces of info you quote is that the first one is the requirements for P&O Australia and the second link you provided is for P&O UK.

So unfortunately if you are travelling on the Pacific Dawn, Pacific Jewel, Pacific Pearl or Pacific Sun then the answer is NO you cannot take alcohol on board for your own consumption whilst cruising.

Further, if you take Duty Free Alchol on board purchased pre-cruise or even during your cruise then the ship will store it for you and return it to your cabin on the last night of your cruise.

Hi everyone -

I have finally had some sort of sense out of P&O - after speaking to 3 different people.

First one said that I couldn't get alcohol by room service and couldn't buy a wine package to have delivered to the room.

Second person said couldn't get alcohol by room service (although a mini-suite could be different) but I could definitely organise a wine package to be delivered to the room. I then ordered champagne for sailaway and 3 bottles of wine. I was told that I could get wine and beer at the bar and take it back to the room - that was from a Team Leader.

As I realised it was our anniversary on the 18th (and a full moon:D), I rang back to order more champagne and wine to be delivered on the 18th. It was at that point I was told that as we were in a mini-suite we COULD get alcohol by room service:):)! As I wasn't happy with the champagne available by package, I decided to take my chances with the availability on board which apparently is different to what you can order (and pay for) pre-cruise.

Hope that helps anyone else out there but P&O really need to train their staff.

Cheers,

Di

PS: John, hi, on the Pearl with this one, B2B Rhapsody coming up for the rugby world cup and then Celebrity Century up to Honolulu March '12. Jen and Brian are on the Sun Princess right now and loving it! I'm sure they'll call you when they get back and we're hopeful they'll join us on the Celebrity Century - are you and Eileen in?

Di, you never came back and reported on this. I am dying to know if you managed to get bottled wine delivered to your mini-suite by room service?

Cheers

Val

Archived