Magens Bay to Mountain Top

thewynn

I asked this on a different thread and it didn't get any response so I thought I would ask in its own topic.

How easy would it be to get a taxi from Magens Bay to Mountain Top? Any idea of the cost? How long of a ride?

Is there a steady stream of taxis to Mountain Top so that we can get back to the cruise port easily?

Thanks

Very easy to get a taxi from Megans to MountainTop and MountainTop to the docks. Lot's of taxi's at each place. I'd estimate 10 minutes to MountainTop and another 10 to the docks. About $5-6 PP each trip would be about right. To get the exact fare google VINOW.

Very easy to get a taxi from Megans to MountainTop and MountainTop to the docks. Lot's of taxi's at each place. I'd estimate 10 minutes to MountainTop and another 10 to the docks. About $5-6 PP each trip would be about right. To get the exact fare google VINOW.

I have the same question what i would like to do is get off the ship, get a taxi to Magens bay stay there for a few hours, get a taxi to Mtn. Top stay there for a little while, get a taxi to Charlotte Amalie, walk around there for a while, then go back to the ship. So it would be 9$pp to magens bay, 6$ from magens to mtn. top, and another 6$ to charlotte amalie, and another 3-4$ back to the ship, so if i have this right it should cost us about 25$? Do you think this is doable? we would probably get off the boat 9ish and we have to be back on by 4:30pm

I have the same question what i would like to do is get off the ship, get a taxi to Magens bay stay there for a few hours, get a taxi to Mtn. Top stay there for a little while, get a taxi to Charlotte Amalie, walk around there for a while, then go back to the ship. So it would be 9$pp to magens bay, 6$ from magens to mtn. top, and another 6$ to charlotte amalie, and another 3-4$ back to the ship, so if i have this right it should cost us about 25$? Do you think this is doable? we would probably get off the boat 9ish and we have to be back on by 4:30pm

Ok i just went on the virgin islands site and the official prices are

Havensight to Magens Bay 8$pp

Magens Bay to Mtn Top 8$pp

Mtn Top to Charlotte Amalie 8$pp

Charlotte Amalie to Havensight 5$pp

total trip 29pp$ plus the 4pp$ admission to MB is 33pp$

I added Charlotte Amalie in there because for my group we will probably want to walk around a little in town....anyway it seems like a cheap day to me :)

I think you will find that there are taxi tours that will include Magens and Mountain Top- one driver, one price!

as long as the driver doesnt put me on some kind of time retraint id be willing to do that...ill look for someone when i get there

Unfortunately, there will be time constraints on tours. The taxis are vans (hold 8 or more) and safari buses (hold 20-25) so they will limit the time to get everyone to the next stop.

yea if i wanted time restraints id book with the ship...i like to pick when i want to come and go so thats why i like to do it on my own...

Archived