qusine for two?

aggietd

Has anybody tried eating in q'sine with just two people, it seems to get fantastic reviews, but seems the larger the party the better the experience. there are ony two of us, in anybodies opinion is it still a great experience? and any twosomes out there that would do it again?

thanks

Nancy

Nancy - On our Eclipse cruise in December, we went to QSine as a party of four, and felt it worked out the best since many of the courses are served for four. Two people can go by themselves, but you will either leave much of the food served to you, or you will fill up before trying many of the courses. I have read posts from others stating they got through 5, 6 or even 10 courses before not being able to go any farther, and it has made me wonder if they had a party size smaller than ours. There are 20 courses available, and we made it through 17 of them before waving the white flag.

Would I try it again? Absolutely! I stated on that cruise that if there was ever a chance that a restaurant at sea could make it on land, this would be it in a venue such as Las Vegas. Los Angeles or New York. Not only is it a novel experience, the food is actually pretty good. Everyone's favorite course at our table was the Kobe beef sliders. I wish I would have ordered more of them.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed Qsine. We spoke to our waiter about wanting to try a lot of food, but not wanting to waste so much food and getting too full. We told him what we wanted instead of placing our order on the iPad. We sampled many items and noticed that our serving sizes were smaller than the other tables. At one time we had 6 plates on our table with only 2 samples of the item on each plate. It was the perfect way to try so many items on the menu and not waste food or completely stuff ourselves.

We did prepare for our eating adventure by only having breakfast and then a very active day to ensure we would be hungry.

We look forward to eating at Qsine next time we're on the beautiful Eclipse.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed Qsine. We spoke to our waiter about wanting to try a lot of food, but not wanting to waste so much food and getting too full. We told him what we wanted instead of placing our order on the iPad. We sampled many items and noticed that our serving sizes were smaller than the other tables. At one time we had 6 plates on our table with only 2 samples of the item on each plate. It was the perfect way to try so many items on the menu and not waste food or completely stuff ourselves.

We did prepare for our eating adventure by only having breakfast and then a very active day to ensure we would be hungry.

My partner and I did the same. The staff is very accommodating and willing to modify some of the portions.

I, too, think it's tough for two people to get the most enjoyment out of this experience. On our recent cruise, we had a couple who tried it on their own first and then joined a group of us (8) the second time. They said it was more enjoyable with the group as you get to try so much more. I just don't think you get to sample as many of the items with just two people as you do with a group and that is really the idea behind the restaurant.

Definitely a bunch of fun, especially if you can find others to join you.

We went as 12 as a party with our roll call and because it was so fabulous we went again as a couple. Because we had been before we knew what dishes we wanted to order again, and we knew which ones we had had 'plate envy' over and we wanted to try. It worked really well but I think we did benefit from going as a larger group first.

I just went last week with three people. One was a vegetarian. They will mix and match just the amount you want if you like. You don't really use the Ipad to order. Each person selects their favorites on their own Ipad then the waiter goes over them with the group and changes or add selections to suit your tastes.

I just went last week with three people. One was a vegetarian. They will mix and match just the amount you want if you like. You don't really use the Ipad to order. Each person selects their favorites on their own Ipad then the waiter goes over them with the group and changes or add selections to suit your tastes. We sat next to some couples and they had no problem enjoying a selection of food.

we did exactly the same as you and had a great experience, still left some food but we did say we would be happy to share a table and they weren't at all keen on pairing us up...

Thanks everybody for taking the time to answer.

You mostly seem to confirm what I thought from reading posts, i think I will take the suggestion of posting on our lovely roll call board and see if anybody fancies joining us, that way we may seem to get the best out of the expeience.

Thanks again, happy cruising everybody.

Nancy

Hi Nancy, lovely to see you popping up again, you are going on Eclipse just before us. Hope you are both well. Our roll call is rather quiet and mainly Brits, hopefully it will liven up when we get closer. Qsine looks a wonderful experience restaurant. We are really looking forward to cruising with Celebrity again.

TC

Janet

Hi Janet,

Lovely to hear from you again, yes we are both fine and looking forward to our summer cruise.

We have a lovely roll call (although quieter than ours was but then again I dont think anything will ever match that group or that cruise:)) with a good mix of US and UK passengers very friendly.

lv to David.

tc Nancy

Archived