Eurodam Dec 11th Review

skidawg71

Could you tel me the cost of the cabana I couldn't seem to find it on the website.

Thanks

Louise

We paid $299 for the entire cruise (7days). I booked it at least 6 months in advance through guest services. The Retreat Cabanas book very quickly so if you do it, do it sooner rather than later.

Could you tel me the cost of the cabana I couldn't seem to find it on the website.

Thanks

Louise

Love your perspective. We sailed Eurodam last spring and loved her. DS is getting married in November and the honeymoon on Eurodam WITH a cabana is our gift to them.

Hey thanks. And thank you for taking a moment to read my review. We try not to complain or gripe about silly things, as we are pretty easy to please. Being in the hospitality and service industry myself, I feel and sympathize with those that service us so I try to look at experiences from that perspective. I am always so humbled by the incredible service and hard work that all of these cruise employees and crew do for each of us. They do so much for so little, and so many of them are supporting so many back home. Again, it makes me very humble and allows me to look at my cruise experience from a good perspective, I think.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure it was actual champagne. I know it was french, but possibly not from Champagne region, so there's a chance it was sparkling wine. It was actually quite good and dry. A bit yeasty though and acidic. I have acid problems with sparklers so I can only partake in small amounts or I'm up all night with heartburn :(

Thank you for your reply.

Hope you did not experience heartburn after the "bubbly".

• 2 weeks later...
Lastly...

Thermo-suites:

We did this because we were a little disappointed that the only way to be in a sauna or steam room was to pay the $199 per cruise thermo-suite price. It was ok, but I really wish they would put a sauna in the locker rooms to enjoy complimentary. It's one movement in the cruise industry I'm noticing. I understand it's for more revenue, but it's something I miss from older ships. The thermo-pool was nice, but I'm not really the kind of guy that likes to sit around in a warm puddle with strangers :) I probably wouldn't do it again.

I noticed this as well on my last Westerdam cruise. Prior to that, on several of the smaller, older ships, the service was free. To me, it represents a decline in value on HAL cruises. Eventually, when they are making most currently included services an extra charge, HAL's customer base will be eroded. Apparently, HAL bean counters do not realize that fact.

Archived