Retire on a cruise ship???

gaylenhazel

I got this in my email today. I also am going to retire on a cruise ship!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About 2 years ago Alice and I were on a cruise through the western Mediterranean aboard a Princess liner. At dinner we noticed an elderly lady sitting alone along the rail of the grand stairway in the main dining room.B I also noticed that all the staff, ships officers, waiters, busboys, etc, all seemed very familiar with this lady. I asked our waiter who the lady was, expecting to be told she owned the line, but he said he only knew that she had been on board for the last four cruises, back to back .As we left the dining room one evening I caught her eye and stopped to say hello. We chatted and I said, I understand you've been on this ship for the last four cruises. She replied, Yes, that's true. I stated, I don't understand and she replied, without a pause, It's cheaper than a nursing home. AN ALTERNATIVE RETIREMENT HOME - There will be no nursing home in my future........When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a Princess Cruise Ship. The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on reservations at Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:

1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.

2 I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed every day of the week).

3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free washers and dryers, and shows every night.

4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.

5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.

6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.

7. T.V. broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress replaced? No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your inconvenience

8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask for them.

9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare. If you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want to go? Princess will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship.

P.S. And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side at no charge.

Live on a Cruise Liner Rather than a Retirement Facility?-Speculation! & Truth

from

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cruiseretire.htm

Retiring in paradise and traveling the World

from

http://residentialvessels.com/zest1.htm

Will Cruise Ships Become Old Age Nursing Homes?

from

http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/002424.html

Let's see..my husband retires at the end of this month and I retire at the end of the year. We will still be in our early 50'S and we are planning to sell the house anyhow.Now if I could only talk the adult kids to move close to a port so I could visit the grand child on Saturdays life would be good....

Actually, this isn't so far-fetched, and it has been done. There's an elderly lady who lived onboard the Royal Princess for several years. I don't know if she's left the ship but whenever we were on the Royal, she always won the champagne for the "most cruises." :)

When I ran this past my husband he wanted to know where he had to go to sign up. I better be careful or he'll leave without me!

We have actually been joking about this for awhile now. Whenever anyone asks what we are going to do when we retire we tell them with straight faces that we plan to live on a cruise ship. Friends never know when to take us seriously, so we have fun doing this just for the reactions...

HMMM..maybe the pension checks could cover this after all..

3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free washers and dryers, and shows every night.

I must be sailing on the wrong Princess ships! Which ships have free washers and dryers? I have paid for every load of laundry I've done on my four cruises.

I must be sailing on the wrong Princess ships! Which ships have free washers and dryers? I have paid for every load of laundry I've done on my four cruises.

After so many sailings she would be "elite" class and would be entitled to free laundrry services.

If you fall and break a hip, the cruise line doesn't upgrade you to a suite, they put you off at the next port that has a hospital and you have to get home on your own. If you die aboard ship, they don't toss you overboard, they put you in one of their caskets and keep you on ice until the next port where your next of kin has to claim the body and pay for its shipment home.

If you die aboard ship, they don't toss you overboard, they put you in one of their caskets and keep you on ice until the next port where your next of kin has to claim the body and pay for its shipment home.

Dying To Cruise

from

http://www.anchoragepress.com/archives/documentf63e.html

empty pantry, which also doubles as the morgue

from

http://www.skylarkmedicalclinic.com/cruisesafety.html

Archived