No Flight Tix

wannatan

I must say I think Princess is now putting Money b4 the consumer big time.

We board the Sea Princess in 10 days,

So Far

NO flight tickets and we were told we will not get anything not even an e tickets. There advice was to turn up at Gatwick and look for a desk which says Barbados an give your name!!

Thats a bit hard when you dont even know what terminal.!!!!!!!!

I must say that I expected more. I no we dont get the nice pack 10 weeks of so b4 departure but to turn up at the airport next week with no flight tickets.. come on

Will look else where for our next cruise I think

So Far

NO flight tickets and we were told we will not get anything not even an e tickets. There advice was to turn up at Gatwick and look for a desk which says Barbados an give your name!!

I must say that I expected more. I no we dont get the nice pack 10 weeks of so b4 departure but to turn up at the airport next week with no flight tickets.. come on

You should get the flight information by post from your T/A in the next couple of days. It's a bit long winded, but Princess send it to them to send to you.

Unfortunately, you can't select your seats online for these flights, so check in early if you want to sit together. Depending on the plane, there can be an odd number of seats in the row. As almost everyone will be travelling in couples, quite a few will be separated. They also class sitting one in the row in front/behind as sitting together, so check your seat numbers.

Travel agent does not get anything,.. not even a e ticket....

We we told to turn up at Gatwick (UK) an look for the desk marked thomson and Barbados.

I am sure that you will all feel that its not a suitable arrangement. You should at least know what terminal (gatwick has 2) or do they really think we are going to go from one terminal to the other looking for a desk signed Barbados!

Have managed to find out which terminal but only under my own steam, Im sure ther will be others who use this flight not knowing

Just in case its the North...

If it's Thomson, it's a charter, which means they handle all the flights. Princess doesn't even get the flight details until generally the last minute. Depending on how many charters are leaving that day, some operators do seats FCFS until a plane is full (or they have seats blocked on commercial) then send it off (I've personally been in that situation getting my British staff over to the US in my camp days). In short, with them you may not even be assigned a PLANE until that morning.

You can blame Princess for choosing the flight operator. but they have no control over how the flights are operated. Unfortunately, with a relatively limited number of UK based options, they don't have a lot of choices for mass scale bookings.

According to Princess this is a charter flight which they take all the seats. Everybody onboard should be going on the Sea Princess. So shouldn,t they provide the right information and an e tix at least. If you Try to find out any information from Thomson this flight does not exsist as it is a private charter, all be it for a company and not individuals. We have not got any flight tixs only the boarding tix for the boat. So tommorow we will turn up at Gatwick with all our luggage and hope that the desk has our names. Not the nicest way to start our holiday.

:mad:

While I understand your frustration at what appears to be lack of info from Princess, I don't see anything unusual about the situation. None of the flights we've taken lately that are associated with another travel company of some kind have any information. We've been told which airline, and what time to show up at the airport. If it's a regularly scheduled flight that the seats are on, we've been given the flight number, but at the last minute.

Princess can no more give you an e-ticket for the flight than the air charter company can give you a ticket for Princess.

Aren't your terminals labeled with airline names? We never know which terminal to go to until we get to the airport and start reading the signs. Even at our home airport, we only know where one airline is for sure. They've been remodeling, and airlines have switched terminals back and forth.

I booked flights for my parents last summer. They don't have a computer and live 1000s of miles away. They had quit flying about 10 years ago. I had a heck of a time convincing them that all they had to do was show up at the airport with ID and that all would be well. To their complete amazement, they were allowed on board without a problem.

By Wednesday last week, we hadn't received any flight tickets for our departure tomorrow, so I rang Thomas Cook emailed it through on Thursday.

I don't think we would have received anything if I hadn't rang, even though it states on their paperwork that flight tickets will be either posted out or emailed.

We booked directly with Princess (in Nov 09) for our upcoming Hawaii cruise on Golden Princess departing 02 March, and received our e-ticket via email on 02 February.

We are not able to pre-allocate airline seats or check-in on-line as Princess has a group booking with British Airways, but they told me to call them 4 days before flight and they will allocate our seats together...

Not sure whether it makes a difference booking directly?

Hayley

We were on Sea Princess over Christmas. I am sure that I printed off all our flight details from the personaliser, along with the cruise boarding cards and luggage labels.

That will tell you the terminal.

So Far

Are you saying you don't have a date or a time????? that would scare the be-jesus out of me!

Archived