River Cruising Mid March

cruisingmimi

I wondered if someone could tell me what the weather would be like (only guesstimating, of course) for river cruises mid March (the 20th) or even early April. I have been looking at river cruises around that time (tulip time, etc.).

We did a Dec. Christmas Markets cruise last year and loved it. Weather was ok, not cold, but cool so that was ok w/ us. Did have showers some of the time.

Thanks so much.

Mary

Mid-March is really early. Last year I cruised Tulips and Windmills from Antwerp to Amsterdam on April 21st; We hit Keukenhof Gardens on April 28th which was the PERFECT time; virtually everything was in bloom. (However, spring was late last year so it is hard to tell.) On the other hand, we didn't really have any rain during the cruise.

Mid-March I think you will find uncomfortably cold, requiring gloves, and something on your head much of the time. Early April is likely to be better, so if you can hold off I suggest you do so. If you go too early, you are also likely to miss the panoramas of tulips, and that is the main reason for going in the spring.

Remember that cruise prices vary by desirability; the cheaper departures are cheaper for a reason.

Mid-March is really early. Last year I cruised Tulips and Windmills from Antwerp to Amsterdam on April 21st; We hit Keukenhof Gardens on April 28th which was the PERFECT time; virtually everything was in bloom. (However, spring was late last year so it is hard to tell.) On the other hand, we didn't really have any rain during the cruise.

Mid-March I think you will find uncomfortably cold, requiring gloves, and something on your head much of the time. Early April is likely to be better, so if you can hold off I suggest you do so. If you go too early, you are also likely to miss the panoramas of tulips, and that is the main reason for going in the spring.

Remember that cruise prices vary by desirability; the cheaper departures are cheaper for a reason.

Hi what was the weather when you went to see the tulips?

Hi what was the weather when you went to see the tulips?

It had warmed up a lot by the end of the trip. It was probably in the mid-teens Celcius (15 is 59). I was wearing just a fleece at that point, and I think that I took it off mid-day at the Keukenhof. It was a bit overcast, but there was some sun. It was very pleasant weather for walking around.

Archived