WHOLE milk?

angielane

Does anyone know if you can get WHOLE milk in the dining room or the Windjammer on RCCL? Specifically we'll be on the Jewel of the Seas.

I just realized this could reduce the amount of formula we need to take and prepare, if so...since my baby will be older when we cruise.

Thank you!

**Sorry about the duplicate thread. It looked like the title wasn't long enough. I'll delete it if someone can tell me how.**

I can't speak about RCCL, but we were on Carnival. They had whole milk in the morning on the LIDO deck (little boxes). We would grab a few and take them to our room and put them in our fridge for use throughout the day. In the MDR on Carnival, it was hard to get whole milk. They had the boxes of skim and chocolate, but not whole. So, some times we just brought some from our room in a sippy cup. Our LO was 15mo old though and so often we just let her have skim....a week of skim milk isn't going to kill her....

I can't speak about RCCL, but we were on Carnival. They had whole milk in the morning on the LIDO deck (little boxes). We would grab a few and take them to our room and put them in our fridge for use throughout the day. In the MDR on Carnival, it was hard to get whole milk. They had the boxes of skim and chocolate, but not whole. So, some times we just brought some from our room in a sippy cup. Our LO was 15mo old though and so often we just let her have skim....a week of skim milk isn't going to kill her....

I don't know if it is a ship by ship thing or if things changed because we just got off the Carnival Dream on 1/22 and they did not have whole milk anywhere. We would look in the buffet daily and the main dining room. I asked and the servers all said they only had 2%, skim and chocolate.

• 4 weeks later...

oohh....my first post:) we are thinking of going on our first cruise in the beginning of july on the carnival destiny. we have 3 kids ages 9,9 and 6. one of my 9 year olds prefers to drink milk and orange juice (or anything orange like orange gatorade) and will not drink soda (not a bad thing) and only water when we force him and if its really cold. so i was wondering how much does milk or oj cost on the ship or is it included in any of the beverage programs? I know we can bring some drinks onboard, but don't really want to being we would be flying. and if we did how would we keep them cold? I am guessing the regular oceanview rooms do not have refrigerators.

thanks in advance for any help.

Kelly

I also think it may vary. Our last cruise MSC (Europe) we had to get milk cartons from the buffet at breakfast. We kept them cold in the fridge in our cabin.

Earlier that year we were on the Celeb Summit. We were able to get it from the buffet and had access to it (dispenser) 24hrs so we didn't need to store it in our cabin.

On the Oasis, we had to get it from the the sandwich shop that served coffee etc because we wanted it warmed for our tot.

oohh....my first post:) we are thinking of going on our first cruise in the beginning of july on the carnival destiny. we have 3 kids ages 9,9 and 6. one of my 9 year olds prefers to drink milk and orange juice (or anything orange like orange gatorade) and will not drink soda (not a bad thing) and only water when we force him and if its really cold. so i was wondering how much does milk or oj cost on the ship or is it included in any of the beverage programs? I know we can bring some drinks onboard, but don't really want to being we would be flying. and if we did how would we keep them cold? I am guessing the regular oceanview rooms do not have refrigerators.

Kelly

When I cruised Carnival, milk and juice were free. They were available at a self-service drink station near the lido buffet during breakfast hours, and I know you could get milk with meals at MDR (my father-in-law did). Might be able to get milk at lunch/dinner at the buffet, but I can't recall for sure.

Otherwise, juice might be scarce during non-morning hours, and milk might be iffy at non mealtimes. You will have an ice bucket that you can request your stateroom attendant to keep filled. You might bring a soft-sided cooler to use with drinks and ice (but keep this in the shower in case of leaks in your room). You might be able to get milk and juice from room service at all hours, though, I never tried that.

DH and I brought sports bottles with the neoprene "coozy" covers to use onboard the ships. We'd get some ice and lemonade or tea in them, and carry them around. It was convenient, because there are a lot of areas of the ship that are away from the drink stations. If you bring extra sports bottles, you could have a "roaming" bottle and one that stays in the room on ice for later.

I think that the OJ wasn't really OJ, it was like a blend from concentrate kind of thing. There are several kinds of juice available besides OJ, too.

Kelly

We always bring lemonade, kool aid or juice boxes on board. I typically bring a few drink mixes. They are easiest to travel with because you can just bring the instant packets and add it to water once you are onboard. The juice boxes I will refrigerate a few at a time and stash the rest in the closet. Sometimes I bring whole cartons, those are the hardest or should I say the heaviest to travel with. When I do, I will buy stop at a store at whatever port we embark from before we get on the ship. When we were in Europe we brought sodas and juice aboard at various ports of call too. (Those Euros add up quickly) :)That way you don't have to pack them. Plus with luggage $$ by the pound these days, it could really get costly to carry juice. If you are going to stay in a hotel a day before the cruise find the nearest grocery store or something.

There's plenty to drink on the ship so I don't see any need to bring your own drinks, especially if flying. I order extra milk and juice from room service and keep it in the cabin fridge for whenever I want it. Sorry, I have not been on the Destiny so don't know if those cabins have a fridge. Also you can get milk at lunch & dinner too. I do not know if Carnival has whole milk.

Archived