A few questions

buckeyefan10

We be sailing on Glory in April and I was wondering if the bathrooms have night lights in them. We have a tour with Victor Bodden in Roatan and was planning on paying a visit to the orphanage what kind of things can we take to give the children? I guess that it for now anyway. Thank you:)

Nope... no night lights. I leave the light on and keep the bathroom door cracked just a bit to act as a night light.

Carnival has shore side agents who will be glad to take the items you would like to donate and make sure they're properly distributed. Inquire at the Guest Service Desk upon embarkation...

:)

No night lights. I know its a waste, but we leave a light on in the bathroom and the door cracked. I also bring a lighted alarm clock to plug in on the desk. lol

I have not been reading that they are still going to the orphanage ... did victor confirm this stop? Id like to do it too. The people who I know who used to do it did backpacks with mostly school stuff. You can add your own little touches, a small stuffed bear, and everyone would wear one off the ship and then leave it to avoid any customs issues.

I know exactly what you are talking about though, and I too had been thinking about it. I will be there next January. I see nothing wrong with doing it. I planned on the backpack approach... unless you have new info.

Yes Victor said that our guide would take us to the orphange if we would like. Does anyone know how many kids are normally there? He also said that our guide would take us to the store to buy things for the kids if we wanted to. I'm just trying to save time while there and have things all ready.

Yes Victor said that our guide would take us to the orphange if we would like. Does anyone know how many kids are normally there? He also said that our guide would take us to the store to buy things for the kids if we wanted to. I'm just trying to save time while there and have things all ready.

just a curious question: going to the orphanage during school time wouldnt that be disruptive to the kids?

As a parent I do not think I would like strangers being able to come to my school be it to help them out or not.

Considering how many ships come into that port in a given week-- are the kids learning anything or are the kept on display so people can visit them to drop off their donations?

I like the cruise ships drop off the donations.

just a curious question: going to the orphanage during school time wouldnt that be disruptive to the kids?

As a parent I do not think I would like strangers being able to come to my school be it to help them out or not.

Considering how many ships come into that port in a given week-- are the kids learning anything or are the kept on display so people can visit them to drop off their donations?

I like the cruise ships drop off the donations.

I agree with you. I think it is wonderful that people donate to the orphanages, but at the same time I think they sometimes need to see the kids they are helping as part of the process. I understand it, even though it skeeves me out a bit. It feels like seeing the animals in the zoo.

I was really happy to see the Salvation Army at the port in Belize, but it was during December so they probably aren't there year round.

Archived