carnival dream

molsonschooner

I don't know if it has been resolved or not but I was on the 1/15/11 cruise and walked everywhere passengers are allowed on the ship and never smelled anything the entire week. Others may have a different experience but I think it will always be a random thing.

Cheers!

We had a wiff on embark at the aft of the Lido deck. Now and then smelled it at various times - deck 8, deck 5 - like a cloud you walked thru, and then it was gone. Nothing that took away any enjoyment of the cruise, as it was random and quick.

I just got off the Dream and I didn't notice it anywhere. However, one thing I did notice is that if you sprayed air freshener in the bathroom, you could later smell it in the hall outside the cabin. I'm guessing the odors are due to this type of ventilation. I think whether you smell anything depends on what "has happened" in the bathroom nearby. :D

Hopefully they finally have this addressed, along with the lido food lines. When we sailed, the smell actually got into the cabin in the spa deck. It didnt hurt the trip, We did have a wonderful time!

Oh no! We have a spa cabin booked. I was hoping the smell wasn't on that deck. I had not read any reports about it being on that deck, so I thought I might be safe. I had read mostly reports about it being near the cove balconies.

Maggie

Oh no! We have a spa cabin booked. I was hoping the smell wasn't on that deck. I had not read any reports about it being on that deck, so I thought I might be safe. I had read mostly reports about it being near the cove balconies.

Maggie

When we cruised in Dec 2009, its was only a temporary smell in the Spac Cabin and we joked about it... "okay who farted!" But it was never at nighttime, only during the noon time of the day maybe once or twice , and you can hear the kids running above you in to go to the slides during the noon time hours, We stayed on the ship for a couple stops, so that why we found all this out, please dont let it ruin your vaction, its a very nice ship! I should post our pics, the spa cabins are excellent because you can leave your room and walk down the hall to the hottub in the spa!

We were on the New Years Day cruise and smelled it several times during the week. There were several other CC members who commented on it in our roll call once we returned. I will say, it's not that bad. Certainly nothing that would taint a vacation. My husband and I just laughed about it and moved on.

Specific locations were the stairwell from the 6th to 8th decks (we were on the 7th floor so we navigated that stairway often) and around the running track.

Again, not a big deal AT ALL. It's not lingering constantly. Please, don't worry about it!

Archived