What's the Average Age on Holland Eurodam?

OOB

Welcome to Cruise Critic. The average age depends on the length of the cruise and the time of year. The longer the cruise, the older the passengers, as a rule. In March there shouldn't be too many families with children, unless that's during Spring Break.

Holland America's refined atmosphere tends to attract more experienced travelers who have wonderful tales to tell. How long is your cruise on Eurodam? I see you have another post and will take a look at it now.

Mrs Muir

We sailed on her TA crossing from Copenhagen to New York in 2008. Very Few Children and age group from 30s to 80's. A few couples in their 20's. It is a beautiful ship that as noted attracts a more experienced traveller. The length and itinerary will also attract a different age group. The prciing tends to be higher than other mainstram lines which may change the demograpics somewhat. I am in my late 40's and have been attracted to HAL since my first HAL cruise (age 42). I also enjoy Celebrity and other lines on longer non Caribbean itineraries. I am an early riser and usually in bed by 11pm, so the late night activities are not important to me

My sister and her husband who are in there 40's are sailing with their children on the Eurodam in March. The ages really vary on the ship. (as previously said, it can depend on the length of cruise and itinerary) However, some of the older people may surprise you - they may not look their ages and be very young at heart.

She is a beautiful ship - have a great cruise :)

My sister and her husband who are in there 40's are sailing with their children on the Eurodam in March. The ages really vary on the ship. (as previously said, it can depend on the length of cruise and itinerary) However, some of the older people may surprise you - they may not look their ages and be very young at heart.

She is a beautiful ship - have a great cruise :)

Yup!! :D Still trying to avoid admitting our old age.

We have enjoyed five wonderful cruises on Eurodam and I have to say I did not take a poll to see how old everyone was. :D They were all Caribbean cruises and the Eurodam guests didn't look any different getting on and off the ship than I observed the Solstice guests or the Princess whatever huge ship was in port with us.

The people on those three cruise lines all looked pretty much all the same to me.

I called HAL and they said the average age on that cruise will be 43. ;)

Just kidding - If you believe affordable tours.com then its this:

What is the average age of passengers by cruise line?

Passenger ages vary somewhat by sailing, but usually they are as follows:

Carnival Cruise Line: 0 - 45 years of age

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line: 25 - 55 years of age

Crystal Cruise Line: 55+ years of age

Celebrity Cruise Line: 35 - 64 years of age

Norwegian Cruise Line: 27 - 56 years of age

Holland America Cruises: 30 - 60 years of age

Princess Cruise Line: 35 to 65 years of age

How can there be an average of entire scope of guests a cruise line carries for all their cruises?

HAL does many long cruises of 30, 60, 100+ days. Clearly it is mostly older people who have the time for such cruises and, therefore, the reputation they carry more older guests than other cruise lines.

The only average comparison that has any validity IMO is to compare seven to ten day Caribbean cruises, one cruise line to another.

Or to compare 7 day cruises to Alaska or ten day cruises in Europe.

For there to have any meaning to a comparison you have to compare apples to apples.

Archived